NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thanks to Kami Speed, my c-one hood arrived a week after I ordered it. those guys have excellent service and care and great communication skills even with customer that live almost half way around the world. Put in my order last week, the following day they called me directly to let me know my hood is shipped out and to answer all my questions regarding the hood and shipping method. Props to Kami Speed, this is first time I felt i'm taken care of thru online orders....

My first impression with the c-one hood was its weight.. the hood weight probably 10lbs, the box that came with the hood was heavier than the hood itself. After some close inspection, the coating on the hood wasn't enough like a few of members here mentioned, as I can't even see any reflection off it and there are some imperfection with the CF weaves. However after getting 4 coats of clear shot onto the hood, it now shine better than rest of the car :) Also the imperfections in the CF weave it is not too noticeable and overall the quality of the hood is top notch. Now i can understand why c-one charge so much for this hood, from the removable vent covers to the went how they put in all the mounting location. you can easily tell they spent alot of time on the design and the making of hood. Out scale of 10, i would give this hood a 9.5/10.

enough with boring reviews :) enjoy the pictures

4 coats of clear later...... it shine like mad :D

Kami Speed... my license means KAMInari hehe.... but if you guys want to sponsor me, i'll be more than happy to tell everyone that my place, Kami, mean Kami Speed hehe :D

My VVTL-i badge with custom CF gas lid...

Once again, thank you Kami Speed....

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
overall rating on the c-one hood...

weight: 10/10...lighter than any CF hood i've seen and had in the past
fittment: 10/10...the hood fits damn perfect, even gaps all the way around the car..
design: 10/10... removeable vents and covers and the way they put the mounting point into the CF is just....WOW, japanese are smart...
CF quality: 8/10... a few imperfections, nothing major...
gel coat: 6/10... C-One claims the hood have UV protection, however, when I first got the hood, it seriously doesn't have much if any shine on it. Had to send the hood out to get clear coat.

Overall: 9.5/10

Service from Kami Speed: 10/10... great customer service.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
01 Spectra GT-S said:
gel coat: 6/10... C-One claims the hood have UV protection, however, when I first got the hood, it seriously doesn't have much if any shine on it.
UV protection is different from an actual high gloss clear. The UV protection only protects from UV rays, it's not very shiny. Great looking car by the way.

·
Registered
27,517 Posts
Man that hood looks real good on your car. Good call on getting it cleared! :thumbup:

In regards to the imperfections on the CF weave, we all have that problem (around the curves in the scoop), so don't feel singled out. I don't think there was anyway for them to avoid that.

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Jumped on the bandwagon lol. Nice hood.

·
Registered
640 Posts
always loved the rims. but i guess that is for the old post when u got the rims lol

nice hood though

some suggestions that i think would look nice: take off the vvtLi, looks a little out of place ... and maybe make the kamispeed vinyl on the hood the color of the gold graphics.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Oh you lucky *******, and you told me your putting stock back on. ;)...Looks totally hot...that totally flows way nicer with the lines of your car, then the Invader did. I gotta see this in person, cause I want one too!

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
evil eye said:
Man that hood looks real good on your car. Good call on getting it cleared! :thumbup:

In regards to the imperfections on the CF weave, we all have that problem (around the curves in the scoop), so don't feel singled out. I don't think there was anyway for them to avoid that.
oh thats good to know, i thought i was the only one with the imperfections. But i guess it make sense since the scoop is so big and the CF can only stretch so much. But yeah, the clear coat made is huge difference and is money well spent :)

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1zz-fe ce|ica said:
always loved the rims. but i guess that is for the old post when u got the rims lol

nice hood though

some suggestions that i think would look nice: take off the vvtLi, looks a little out of place ... and maybe make the kamispeed vinyl on the hood the color of the gold graphics.

thank... i'm only putting the kami speed sticker on there for now, the clear coat on the hood is still fresh and will take another week or so for it to full cure. Once the clear coat cure completely, im getting some new graphics on there, which i will unveil it late :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts