NewCelica.org Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 289 Posts

·
Banned
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was officially hire for my new job today! My first order of business is to get on a plane and fly to LA on Monday and do my 2 days of training then fly back!

I will be making a substantially larger amount of money each year and I want a new car! And I am in love with the Scion FR-S.....opinions? Suggestions? Not looking for FAST just quick.....and LOOKS are the MAIN PRIORITY!

·
o-NO_oB-x
2,920 Posts
If I were you, I would avoid the FRS/BRZ and go for something larger. You didn't really explain your needs that much.

·
Banned
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You still gonna keep the Celica?
Yes, it was my brothers. I will probably keep it for ever.

Congrats on the new job.
Thanks!

If I were you, I would avoid the FRS/BRZ and go for something larger. You didn't really explain your needs that much.
Why avoid them? Whats your opinion of them? I don't really have any "needs" other than look good, kill the occasional red light douche that think there straight piped car is fast, and a back seat....girl friend has a baby....but it fits in the Celica so it'll just have to fit in what ever i get. I would prefer rear wheel drive.

If your gonna make an abundant of money why not get something better?
Because I live in a small town with a lot of hicks that don't have the decency to NOT put there hands all over someone else's car or lean against it in a parking lot. My parents have VERY nice cars and rarely drive them for this reason.

After doing lots of searching I think i have narrowed it down to 4 cars....

In order of Preference.
1. FR-S/BRZ
2. Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T R-Spec
3. Camero V6 (gas is WAY to expensive to have a V8)
4. G35/G37 Coupe

·
Registered
140 Posts
If I was you , it would be a toss up between the fr-s and the camaro. Me personally I'd go with the fr-s just to stay Toyota and it was rated one of the top five driver experiences out this year..who cares if it's fast or not? From what I've read it's got plenty of pep and is an absolute blast to drive. I checked one out at the dealership. It made me
Feel like a Celica and a supra had a baby

·
Banned
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
......like a Celica and a supra had a baby
LMFAO

I do really like the FR-S/BRZ for the boxer engine and the over all appearance is amazing.

But i REALLY like the idea of the Hyundai 2.0T too.....those engines can be tuned to run 20 psi on the factory internals. The Theta II engines have forged pistons and rods. Motortrend said they are "bulletproof" engines that can handle anything that is thrown at them.

·
o-NO_oB-x
2,920 Posts
Yes, it was my brothers. I will probably keep it for ever.

Thanks!

Why avoid them? Whats your opinion of them? I don't really have any "needs" other than look good, kill the occasional red light douche that think there straight piped car is fast, and a back seat....girl friend has a baby....but it fits in the Celica so it'll just have to fit in what ever i get. I would prefer rear wheel drive.

Because I live in a small town with a lot of hicks that don't have the decency to NOT put there hands all over someone else's car or lean against it in a parking lot. My parents have VERY nice cars and rarely drive them for this reason.

After doing lots of searching I think i have narrowed it down to 4 cars....

In order of Preference.
1. FR-S/BRZ
2. Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T R-Spec
3. Camero V6 (gas is WAY to expensive to have a V8)
4. G35/G37 Coupe
Dont get mme wrong,I do like the FRS, but I tried to cram 3 Asian guys in one...it was just too small for me. Which is why i prefer the Gen coupe R-Spec 2. 0T. Good enough space, but still a sporty 2dr RWD coupe with a turbo.

But for handling and straightline speed for less money, I'd prefer to have a MR2-s with a 2zz swap. swap itself is cheap and easy. You'd have aa high 13sec car with just the swap itself.

·
Banned
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
but I tried to cram 3 Asian guys in one...it was just too small for me.
That wouldn't be a problem for me. A baby seat is the only thing that goes in my back seat now. I can't remember the last time a person was back there.
Gen coupe R-Spec 2. 0T. Good enough space, but still a sporty 2dr RWD coupe with a turbo.
RWD.....TURBO :drool:

FRS/BRZ + Turbo.....would be better than road head from Jessica Simpson.....well....pretty close at least. :love:

·
Registered
911 Posts
Took a look at the local toyota dealership and sat in the GT86. Pretty sweet car :) Dealer was also trying to impress me with its 0-100 in like 8 seconds or something haha

·
Banned
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Took a look at the local toyota dealership and sat in the GT86. Pretty sweet car Dealer was also trying to impress me with its 0-100 in like 8 seconds or something haha
Hasn't been released in US yet. And its the same car as the FRS/BRZ.

1 - 20 of 289 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.