NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I put the foglights in the outer holes on my TRD bumper, I removed the stock ones. This left 2 holes so I filled them with some mesh. It's a small mod but nowadays other than a header, all that's left are the details, since I'm probably not going to go too crazy with strut bars, ICE, etc. :D

Ugly hole

Noticed a bit of yellow showing through so a couple quick shots of flat black to clean things up.

Measure twice cut once. Cut the mesh to size.

Bent it into shape with some folding pliers.

Some masking tape to hold it in place.

I often talk about "Goop Automotive" this is what it looks like, FYI.

Gooped up.

A couple shots of the finished mod. :D

Nice and clean. No more holes!

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's a pic of the box. It's 4feet by 8inches (folded once) At the one dealer in the nearest city, there is a small aftermarket store right in the dealership. They ordered it in. It comes painted black or silver.....

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
is it enough for the whole trd front grills?

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by robare99
Here's a pic of the box. It's 4feet by 8inches (folded once) At the one dealer in the nearest city, there is a small aftermarket store right in the dealership. They ordered it in. It comes painted black or silver.....
Ahh, I figured it was something like that (APC and other brands make it as well), but I didn't know it would look that good in real life. :)
Originally posted by silverCELICAgt-s
is it enough for the whole trd front grills?
It should definitely be enough to do all the lower grills, but I don't think there will be enough to do the upper grill.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah I think if you folded it out there would be enough. It might not be high enough though. Mine already had the other grills on it when I got it. I checked the mesh (well expanded metal lathe) at Home Depot but it just seemed too flimsy. I would hate to take all the trouble of putting it in, just to have it get trashed by a rock or something.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
nice find! I've been looking for some nice looking mesh similar to stock for my TRD Front so I put it after and whenever i get my TRD mech front painted. I need the lower large middle area as well as the hole on each side.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Thanks allot robare99 for the dimensions, I was about to ask you to post it. I just printed it out and hope to do this soon. Just wanted to know how well that goop works and where did you apply it? Also how much was it and would they be able to order more?

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The goop seems to work well. It dries really hard. A bit harder than silicone. I probably would have used epoxy but I remembered I had some of that left at home. It was a touch runny, wheras epoxy is a bit more pasty & won't run. The pic where it says "gooped up" you can see it ran a bit. I put it on pretty thick. If I were to do it again I would use epoxy. That goop stuff is what I used to reseal my one headlight.

I think I put 2 big blobs on the top and 2 on the bottom. And on the one side. In canada you can get it at pretty much any hardware store. There might be something similar but again I would probably just epoxy it next time!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Sorry I meant how much was the mesh.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Looks good! Nice job getting the info to everyone else who might be doing this. Yeah that goop is good stuff, huh?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts