·
Registered
7,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

From Autoweek:

New Mustang to receive several Roush treatments; Stage 1 due in November
MIKE SUTTON
Posted Date: 9/1/04
The 2005 Ford Mustang will be in dealer showrooms next month, but the next-generation SVT Cobra is still more than a year away. Not to worry, says Jack Roush, who hopes to tide Mustang fans over with several Roush Performance versions of the 2005 Mustang GT.

First out is the Stage 1 package due in November, including bodywork modifications, lowered suspension, 19-inch wheels, custom exhaust tips (no side exhaust this time around due to chassis constraints)

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'm a former Mustang GT owner and member of Stangnet.com. These pictures have been debated over for the last week or so. I personally believe Roush would not put out crappy photochops of that mustang. They look like 3rd grade photochops. Take a company as Veilside, would they put out crappy images like that??? They look horrible.

·
Premium Member
7,616 Posts
Roush = domestic rice...

Butt Dyno said:
Roush = domestic rice.. they make some go fast bits but it's mostly wings, lips, spoilers, stickArs etc

Witness:

http://www.roushperf.com/html/rpp_mustangstage1.htm
body kit, side exit exhaust, springs, wheels, tires, decals, badges, tools, floormats
SEVEN THOUSAND FREAKING DOLLARS

Well, that's just stage 1. Let's check out stage 2.

http://www.roushperf.com/html/rpp_mustangstage2.htm
Hrm, the same ****, except with "v-8 suspension", bigger wheels, and an intake.

TEN THOUSAND FREAKING DOLLARS

Stage 3.. oi.

http://www.roushperf.com/html/rpp_mustangstage3.htm
Well, at least it's got power. For SEVENTEEN THOUSAND FREAKING DOLLARS it ought to. You could buy a 2nd Mustang GT for that much, or probably buy a 10 second older Mustang.

john

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Roush does not suck. They make a fast and sick looking mustang package.

·
Premium Member
7,616 Posts
SpankinGT-S said:
Fast??? If you want fast, you don't drop $10K in body kits stickars and heavier wheels when all you want is an intake and exhaust.

john

·
Registered
31 Posts
I agree with others here, they really are the rice of the domestic world. And talk about expensive.

I think SVT is going to do amazing things with the 2005 Stang. They already have a much better chassis to work with. The only thing I don't like about the car is how long it's become. When I saw it at the auto show it looked like a boat.

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Originally posted by SpankinGT-S
Sure, and how much does it cost?

I'd rather have an 03 Cobra which is probably as fast, if not more so, and doesn't look like crap.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Well I for one would not spend over 10K for the Stage 3 performance package. For that kind of money I would rather buy a 03'-04' SVT Cobra instead and have just as good or better performance. Then put the extra money left over into some awesome and cheap mods for the Cobra.

On Roushperf.com it is official, they posted those horrible photochops on their site.

This is a concept drawing but check this out Eleanor . I like it. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Rousch has a bad rep from all the years of the Fox chasis. I'm willing to hold off judgement to see what they do with the new suspension and chasis. The 05 GT will be coming with a 3 series front suspension, and a 3 link out back with a MUCH(I can't overstate this) better chasis designed for cornering.

Maybe this time around, springs and bolt ons will be enough..

However, for the price..yes, I would just wait until SVT or Shelby release their 07 models.

I don't think many realize just how much better this car is going to be

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
Originally posted by SlasherX
Rousch has a bad rep from all the years of the Fox chasis. I'm willing to hold off judgement to see what they do with the new suspension and chasis. The 05 GT will be coming with a 3 series front suspension, and a 3 link out back with a MUCH(I can't overstate this) better chasis designed for cornering.

Maybe this time around, springs and bolt ons will be enough..

However, for the price..yes, I would just wait until SVT or Shelby release their 07 models.

I don't think many realize just how much better this car is going to be
Its a Ford.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts