NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
MAIN REASON I AM POSTING IS I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO DEFEAT THE DUMMY LIGHT ON THE DASH WHEN I CHOOSE TO INSTALL LEDS. Haven't been able to find much info on that so far, and I absolutely want to convert them.

I made it work with my Supra, but my 94' Camry had zero people who know how to fix the dash light. So I don't want to put in fancy new LED head/tail lights if it's going to be a dash light issue I cannot fix.
@2way might be able to correct me here, but I don't think this is even a thing on the 7th gen Celica. I've seen copius amounts of LED conversion and not one mention of a "dummy light".

I know the GTS has a lot more issues than the GT, but I'm hoping I can make this work. I've heard replacing the engine oil pan is a must, but I don't know the details of it.
Other than that (and the piston rings, what are you gonna do?) I don't know of many issues with the car. I just want to do everything I can to make her as reliable as possible.

Sadly She does get condensation on the inside. She has a sunroof, so I suppose that could be the culprit, but I don't know how common that issue is.
Been wanting one of these since I bought my 88' Supra last year and I'm amazed I finally have it. Now it's time to make sure she is right in everyway and be fantastic for years to come
Everything I've seen has shown the 2ZZ to be the more reliable engine, although it's more specialized and takes some know-how to maintain. You don't need to replace the pan at all, and the rings are only a problem on the very early 1ZZ engines. Otherwise, the most common issues seem to be generic ones that can hit any engine, and occasionally Lift not working.

Reactions: 2way

·
Registered
444 Posts
If that's through MWR, I recommend buying a bit more at a time to justify the shipping. I bought all of my engine rebuild parts through them and shipping is around the same price each time so eventually you max out what the shipping gets you.

Reactions: rushnerd

·
Registered
444 Posts
With ebay you gotta verify that every picture shows what it needs to (oem part numbers, packaging, that it's unique to that listing and not just downloaded from elsewhere on the web, etc). Amazon definitely does not carry any OEM parts in my experience, so best to avoid them. Otherwise yeah, dealerships, local sellers, this forum, junkyards, and RockAuto are where you're going to find quality parts.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Maybe I'm just looking for the wrong parts, since most times they're either out of stock or refusing to show any pictures of the product.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts