NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so guys, im going to get new piping today, and im wondering if i should get 2.5 piping, or play it safe by getting 2.25. will i lose a lot of backpressure that going 2.5 with only injen CAI?
ok first off, my setup is going to be bigger piping, no resonator but am wondering if i should take my muffler off or keep it. i dont know how thats going to sound with a stock tip. im not really lookin to be too loud but am wondering if i should go straightpipe or not.

so my question, 2.25 or 2.5 piping??

straightpipe or no straightpipe?

need suggestions guys.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
well if your going to go a NA route with the car you might as well do 2.5, it supposed to be the optimum performace size for the car, well close to the right size anyways. 2.25 is really close to stock and really wouldnt recieve alot out of the exhuast. and you going to hear this from alot of guys but straight is loud. the kazuma is loud and it has a resonator. is the muffler stock? if so i would get 2.5 and a really good flowing muffler should sound really good and get alot of power from it

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
no the whole back pressure is a myth, its just how well your system flows and 2.5 is the optimum range of performace. its for both down low, midrange power and still have power in the upper range. doing 2.25 you wouldnt get so much flow as with the 2.5, 2.25 would be for low and miderange going 3" would be all the higher rpms so 2.5 is a middle man. if you really want a performance and flowing system i recommend the 2.5 and if you can a better muffler or if you want a kazuma set up get it 2.5 and a resonator and you got a good performance kazuma replica.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm i think i know what im going to do now. i got a better feel of it . thanks. ima do 2.5 piping, no res with stock muff thanks bro!

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
no prob, hope you like the set up.

·
Banned
2,005 Posts
by keeping the stock muffler you are not really changing anything. You could keep the stock piping and run a muffler that flows more would make more sense than changing everything but what is actually making the exhuast more resistive. Go to a shop that specializes in tuner cars and get them to increase you pipe diameter and throw in a less restrictive muffler. You wont be disapointed. Your car just trying to help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts