NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after 5 great years with the GT-S, I finally got a big boy job and sold her off. It was bitter sweet, but I really like the new ride.

Goodbye lil' white bitch!

...and hello new GTI :wiggle:

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. The only thing I don't like about the new GTIs is the stock wheels. Look stupid as hell.

·
Mr. Mica
525 Posts
I have always liked the GTI's. A coworker of mine has the older gen. For some reason he hates the red stripes in the front but I like them. Enjoy your new ride:D

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I actually like the wheels.. Who knows.. maybe I'll get something else and possibly drop it. Right now I am happy with it being stock.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. The only thing I don't like about the new GTIs is the stock wheels. Look stupid as hell.
x2, love the ride though

·
Registered
541 Posts
Nice ride. I'm indifferent on the GTI's, I kinda like and kinda don't at the same time. LOL.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Well congrats on the car I guess, but honestly i had higher expectations. Specially being you said you got a big boy job.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well.. I also have a wife who wants a new car.... damn women...

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Maintenance is fairly cheap for German cars. Because maintenance isn't the expensive part about German cars, it's replacing everything that brakes. I'm never going to by a German car, they're too unreliable.

·
Premium Member
11,002 Posts
Nice upgrade! Why not a 370Z, 2010 Subaru STi, 2010 EVO and other nicer cars tho?
What was the biggest reason in getting a GTI? Just wondering...:eatpop:

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Welcome to the club! I've had my GTI a few days over a year - finally sold my celica exactly one year from the day I bought my GTI this weekend.

German cars aren't nearly as unreliable as people like to say because that's what they read on the internet. The vocal few combined with a bad rep from ****ty cars in the 90's and VW's made in Mexico turds keep peoples' perceptions low.

join up on vwvortex/golfmk5/golfmk6.

·
Registered
597 Posts
nice :)

enjoy the new ride!

I'd have gone for the VW Sirocco, personally :D

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice upgrade! Why not a 370Z, 2010 Subaru STi, 2010 EVO and other nicer cars tho?
What was the biggest reason in getting a GTI? Just wondering...:eatpop:
I've always liked GTI's. Wanted something practical still that got around the same MPG's as the celica. This one is close. It's a nice car that is fun to drive and I think looks great. I've always had a thing for European cars. I have owned 3 Celica's since I have been 16 and just kind of wanted a change. I couldn't be happier as of now.

·
Premium Member
6,093 Posts
Nice upgrade, i really like the interiors on the mk6's
Get Coils/bags, wheels, and a chip w/tune and call it a day. thats what half the people on the vortex do lol.

I'd have gone for the VW Sirocco, personally
Too bad its never going to be available here...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts