NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got 17" rims on 2000 GTS. But stock brakes looks ugly on this rims.
I wanna have some bigger drilled rotors. Can i install only bigger rotors and everything else keep stock (calipers, pads)?

P.S. I know, that kits are the best for this, but i havent 4.000$ (kit+shipping) for it now :(

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
yes you can. rotora makes some cross drilled and slotted rotors. thats what im doing as well..i got 17s and i just bought my oem upgrades.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
whoops i mis read your post..im not sure if you really can get bigger rotors and retain the same calipers..you can get rotors that are cross drilled and slotted which imo looks better..you get upgraded stop power and looks a whole lot better

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
slidr said:
No, you cannot due to how the caliper mounts over the rotor.
Its called a bracket, it can be moved.

·
Registered
65 Posts
ekindbest said:
You gotta be kidding me....what spring did you use? They look taller than stock
I was about to say, man, that looks like at least 4-5 finger gap between the fender and the tire...

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
I think what youre looking for is the AEM big rotor upgrade which includes a bigger cross drilled rotor and an adapter braket to relocate the oem caliper. Although this looks good...I've spoken with a few ppl that use to have them and it didnt seem to be much of an upgrade.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
silv3r0ne said:
I think what youre looking for is the AEM big rotor upgrade which includes a bigger cross drilled rotor and an adapter braket to relocate the oem caliper. Although this looks good...I've spoken with a few ppl that use to have them and it didnt seem to be much of an upgrade.
Yea, i'm waiting my AEM big rotors right now

1 - 13 of 13 Posts