NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just joking, I don't have a new shift knob (and if I did I wouldn't make a whole new post for it). I've done some new mods, the car isn't finished yet, but here it is so far.

It rained last night so the car is really dirty in the pictures, and it just started snowing again in the pictures.

Mods installed this year (most of these mods were purchased last year and some over a year ago).

Quife LSD
Clutch Masters Stage 1 Clutch
Fidenza Flywheel
AMSS Header
Custom Straight Pipe
AEM CAI
TRD Short Shifter

Blue Gage Cluster LED's
Custom Made White/Black (day) Blue/Black (night) Gage Face in KM/h
Red Painted Brake Calipers
Carbon Blue Painted Head lights (inside)
Raised Hood Scoop
ADR RS Limited Mase 18" Rims with Kumho 215/35/18 Tires
Fiber Images CF Hood (Center line and headlight line painted carbon blue)
Kaminari Carbon Fiber Face wing
Kaminari Urethance Full Body Kit
Front side markers are shaved on the kaminari kit
Side skirt kaminari sticker indents are shaved

I just got the body kit out of the shop on tuesday, now that the wing is installed the car is going back into the shop to get the sticker indents on the sides of the wing shaved and the antenna is getting shaved at the same time. Why I had to wait is you can't paint he wing ends right while they are on the car, and you need the hole under where the stickers are to mount the center part of the wing. So you have to get it painted, then install it and then get is shaved and the wing side repainted.

Also the tail lights are getting reded out right away too.

I haven't decided on what I'm going to run in the front where the toyota symbol use to be in the bumper, and if I'm going to put mess or grill or anything and what color it will be if I do anything on the kaminar vents/holes/whatever you want to call them.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TRlPPlN said:
damn...car looking sexy. im surprised you decided to leave your TOP OF THE LINE header on..lol
I'm reserving judgement until I put the car on the dyno, I think the amss header is forsurely crap if you keep the stock down pipe, but if you replace the stock down pipe I think it might be a slight improvement over stock. Not sure yet though.

·
Registered
514 Posts
i agree. very nice

the big rims look really nice but don't you notice a power loss?even with 17's?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the positive comments, I'll post new pics again once the rest is done.

Dimitri said:
i agree. very nice

the big rims look really nice but don't you notice a power loss?even with 17's?
No I didn't notice a power loss, but I put on the AEM CAI around the same time I put the 18's on. Also my 18's are 19.3 lbs each, so they aren't much heaveir (1 pound or so) that's one of the reasons I picked them. I was looking at 3 other styles that I liked, 1 was lighter but way more expenise (3 times more) the other 2 were around the same price but were about 24 to 25 lbs a rim. So I weighted all my options and decided to go with these. I also run these exact same mags in 17's with my race tires (hoosier's) for track days. And that rim and tire combo weights about 5 lbs less then the stock rims and tires. I notice a huge acceleration increase when I'm rolling on those at the track. Sometime I get cought by how fast the it accelerates to fuel cut off and end up bouncing off the fuel cut off.

deviant said:
car looks badass man! maybe some tint?
Ya I'm thinking about tinting. I'm just trying to decided how much and weather to do the drivers and passengers windows. The cops are a bit tough on cars with the side windows tinted around here (it is against the law) ever since a cop was shot from behind tinted windows during a regular traffic stop.

coOOlcelica said:
cars looking good man :thumbup:

btw how did you manage to adjust you FI hood that good?

i have the same cf hood and it doesnt seem to fit anywhere close to yours.
I had the neighbor help me and we made the bolts snug but not tight and then lowered the hood, adjusted it and then tightened the bolts. We had no problems and no trick to the way we did it so I don't really know what to tell you on how to align yours.

·
Registered
232 Posts
very nice, no rice... awesome wheel choice

1 - 19 of 19 Posts