NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Registered
4,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Top shop has started to design a hood for 00+ celicas it went into design earlier this week and we are halfway there this hood is pretty cool I think, and it will take some major air in the the engine bay, besides that this hood is planned to be full carbon both sides along with rolled edges. here are some pics so far this is all the way up to the 1st primer stage so dont be to picky.

· Registered
8,593 Posts
Um, its definitely interesting and I hate to crack on work that people go way out of there way to make but that thing really is hideous. I am sure we all appreciate the effort but aI agree with the general concensus, that thing looks like a huge nose, does not or will not look good on a celica, and by all means please do not make it. If you are going to make something like that then go hit up Honda-tech.com or something. Like I said I mean no offense but that thing really is hideous. Oh I must commend you though on the effort and workmanship that has gone into this hood already. You guys just need to come up with better aesthetically pleasing designs as your craftsmanship seems A++!

· Registered
1,930 Posts
to be honest i'm not felling it either but it might look better when your done. but if i were you i would make the TRD hood like the supras have or that custom hood that the yellow celica widebody had with 2 scoops in the front. i think more people would like those hoods more.

· Registered
146 Posts
The hood is interesting to say the least. I think it is great that someone is trying to develop new parts... with that said I am not a huge fan of it either. The hood does look like a nose. Maybe try to change the shape of the circles a little. Everyone has different taste. I know that I would not purchase it.

· Registered
4,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well ok obviously u guys dont like it oh well i know it takes air for most perfomance so while u guys are pushing your air onto the header i am going to be sucking it right into my intake for most air input. oh u can also stick with your flat unstyled hoods and your factory optional bodykit such as the TRD style and for all the time i tried to get custom parts made for all of us to match all of our competitors within the market (Fuko to yall)Later Woody

· Registered
1,930 Posts
dude i dont think you should get mad i thnk most of us appreciate that your making stuff for our cars, but everone has differnt taste and you should have asked everyones opinions before you started making this to get a good idea of what the majority likes. either way good luck man.

· Registered
364 Posts
imatunergts said:
well ok obviously u guys dont like it oh well i know it takes air for most perfomance so while u guys are pushing your air onto the header i am going to be sucking it right into my intake for most air input. oh u can also stick with your flat unstyled hoods and your factory optional bodykit such as the TRD style and for all the time i tried to get custom parts made for all of us to match all of our competitors within the market (Fuko to yall)Later Woody

....btw, our intake isn't up where those holes are. may cool the engine better perhaps?

i dunno, i like our stock hoods, i don't think any design really tops it for the overall aesthetics of the car. that hood is definitely something different though

· Registered
2,816 Posts
Almost as ugly as the ViS Evo Hood for our cars *shudders*...
It's cool and all, but it really doesn't flow with the car, our cars are streamlined, cut and defined. Basically a bunch of straight angles... you go and stick two big circles on the hood, its not going to flow well... even with a Buddy Club kit it won't. But to each his own I guess.

And as far as that thing being stealth... Nah, it's pretty easibly noticed... Sort of like wearing a KKK suit to a black frat party...

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.