NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Yea I saw this story awhile back. Won't believe it until it happens but hopefully the celica wont slowly shape into a wierd WRX or something subaru. Looking foward to seeing where this goes and may be looking at my next car =)

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
I will not believe in anything like this until official announcement by Toyota/Scion/Lexus.

:werd:

if you looks @ Toyota as is...they really don't need to bring back the Supra nor the Celica

SCION is making a killing and doesn't seem like its gonna lose popularity

sad that Toyota right now doesn't have a true Sports Car available...Matrix being the closest thing to it...but yes, until it comes from Toyota Motor Corp.

all Rumors and nothing more

·
Banned
9,353 Posts
It won't happen.

Now the craze is gas mileage, hybrids and such.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Of the three cars i want to see (tesla, challenger, gt-r) i've only seen a gt-r on the road and i was driving in the opposite direction so i didn't get to really look much.

·
Banned
9,353 Posts
It must just be the Buffalo area then I pay around $2.90 or $3.00

That Telsa would be a lot sicker if the price was actually lower.

·
One Final Storm
3,472 Posts
If this happens, I will never make another bad remark about Toyota again. That being said, what competent company says adios to their entire sports lineup? [email protected]#%ing ass*(Y&$.:bang:

·
Registered
485 Posts
If this happens, I will never make another bad remark about Toyota again. That being said, what competent company says adios to their entire sports lineup? [email protected]#%ing ass*(Y&$.:bang:
Companies that want a lot of market share and to turn a high profit instead of investing into a declining, niche market.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Yes but it's not what we used to pay, never will be. The price will keep increasing and decreasing.
I think that it's been artifically driven down. It will definitely begin to increase again sometime soon.

And as for the cars, I don't like either of their new stylings. Too many lines, and way too over-the-top

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
why hasnt this thread been closed like all the other "OMG new celica!" threads? its like random people find these article and register here to tell us. US!? Thats like Bush trying talk computer programming with steve jobs

·
One Final Storm
3,472 Posts
Companies that want a lot of market share and to turn a high profit instead of investing into a declining, niche market.
They've had a high market share for a long time. By eliminating sport models they alienate a percent of the market. Not good for business imo.

·
Registered
485 Posts
They've had a high market share for a long time. By eliminating sport models they alienate a percent of the market. Not good for business imo.
Yes, but years ago Toyota realized that the sports car market would decline with the coming rise in gas prices. So guess what they did? They invested into the market for smaller and/or more fuel efficient cars:

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=434477
(article from 2007)

The Prius alone could break the 200,000 sales barrier by Dec. 31, which would be a first for a hybrid in the U.S. That means more new Priuses are sold than Ford Mustangs or Honda Odyssey minivans.
Toyota's smallest and lowest-priced car, the Yaris, is on pace to double its sales in 2007 over 2006. This could mean sales of the little Yaris could approach a respectable 100,000 this year, which is on par with the better-known, long-running Volkswagen Jetta.

Toyota made loads more money off of these than they ever would trying to push performance. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see more sports cars on the market, but the majority of drivers out there don't care as much. From a business perspective, Toyota made the right decision.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts