NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got some new rubber today :D

Sumitomo HRZ II in 225/45/17's

Let me just say, WOW these things are amazingly grippy :eek: before I could chirp in the 1>2 shift and 2>3 shift, but I can barely hear a squeak for the 1>2 shift ):

The ride is noticeably smoother and quieter too :eek: or maybe because I dont have bald tires anymore :gap:

overall 7/10, but 9/10 for the tires, -2 points for the price at sears, damn mom thinking the internet is the devil -.-

Well, i'm happy :D i just need a new clutch since mines is being abused each time i try to teach someone how to drive standard >:|

· Registered
640 Posts
cool cool. I kinda miss being able to chirp second. Makes me feel like my car is underpowered. Which it is actually...

· Registered
230 Posts
Congrats. New rubber usually makes driving alot more fun, since most people have balding, jacked up ones right before the switch. I remember when I first got the Faulken GRB's, my car could fly around turns with extreme confidence....very grippy! Almost like I got a new set of BALLZ...LoL!

· Registered
640 Posts
Originally posted by steak
any of u guys know good tires with good dry and wet traction?

i got into an accident once and i wanna prevent that, well no rush, weather seems like it'll be good now :cool:
Well there are many, just depends how much you wanna spend, and if you want to spend 600 bucks on tires that won't last that long.

· Registered
1,870 Posts
Originally posted by steak
any of u guys know good tires with good dry and wet traction?

i got into an accident once and i wanna prevent that, well no rush, weather seems like it'll be good now :cool:
Try the Falken ZIEX 512'S. I liked how they handled on dry roads and they had pretty good grip in the rain. If you don't mind spending a little more the GRB 451's are supposed to be better (Clint and a lot of other Celica owners have these).

· Registered
230 Posts
I check at Sears yesterday because my GF's car needed a new tire...so I asked about the GRB's They quoted me 202...or something like that.... Ouch!

talk to Clint or Mark, they probably are able to hook it up a little better than sears.

· Registered
7,702 Posts
Falken GR-Betas are your best bet for dry and wet weather performance. The ZIEX ZE-512s are good too if you're on a budget, but the GR-Beta is a much better tire. The price diff is actually pretty minimal.

I can let you know how much they are when I let you know how much the TEINs are later today... just lemme know what size you need. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.