NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I guess I am not exactly NEW to the site persay since I have been viewing it for quite a long time.... more then a year for sure. Just never registered cause so many people get bashed on the site. Strangely enough most Celica owners get bashed by other Celica owners. So I figured oh well , why not register anyways and see how it goes. If anyone is questioning the name theres a perfect reason for it.

2k Auto/Tip GT-S

Don't need to say anymore. I was searching to buy one a year and a half ago and couldnt find anything for a decent price if any at all. Finally found a decent looking one and just bought it. Now im stuck with the payment for the next 3.5 years that I have left on it.

So I assume its impossible to make mine fast or even close to it. Is there anything else I can do with this car besides turn it in for scrap?

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Get a 6 Speed tranny. Problem solved.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
surely with you being a celica vet member you should know theres alot more to it then just buying a transmission...

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
You should also know, being a vet board cruiser, that an auto GTS is the slowest of the Celicas and will need serious tranny work and FI to compete--or a complete tranny ecu swap.

Jon

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by IScrewedUp
surely with you being a celica vet member you should know theres alot more to it then just buying a transmission...
No. There is not. ecu.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FI=?

You guys haven't even mentioned the installation of a clutch, shift conversion , the basica obvious for sure. Would I still need to get a transmission ecu if i was to buy a pfc?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
FI = Forced Induction (supercharger, turbo, nitrous)

Do a search on the swap, it has been documented. As for the PowerFC, I don't know. That is a good question.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok , let me ask you this , with turbo, intake , exhaust , headers , pulleys , and pfc , would that make an tip competeable .

Also , anyone know how much horsepower/torque the auto gts/tip trans supports?

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
FI=?

You guys haven't even mentioned the installation of a clutch, shift conversion , the basica obvious for sure. Would I still need to get a transmission ecu if i was to buy a pfc?
Clutch is as you said. OBVIOUS. Why would somone sell you a tranny without a clutch.

ok , let me ask you this , with turbo, intake , exhaust , headers , pulleys , and pfc , would that make an tip competeable .

Also , anyone know how much horsepower/torque the auto gts/tip trans supports?
The tranny would not hold it for long. But the only way any of those mods would help would be after the turbo. Bolt on auto
s have been slower at times.

wait wait wait..... so a fast auto= suckiness?

forgive me but how does that add up.
Its auto.

Originally posted by JohnnyWash1
Because no true sports car is without a clutch.
I agree.
so you would say a lamborghini with a tip tronic transmission isnt a true sports car?
Nope.
Originally posted by J2KGTS6
that is matter of opinion.
Maybe, but it defeats part of the purpose.

I want a fast car with a convenience of auto, id buy a mercedes. Otherwise stick is best to most people.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
IScrewedUp said:
so you would say a lamborghini with a tip tronic transmission isnt a true sports car?

Unless I am wrong, you are referring to the paddle shifting gearbox akin to F1 car trannys. This would mean the car still has a clutch, it is just computer controlled. I worded my sentence very carefully, but I guess I should have done it better. I meant "No true sports car has a torque converter".

Jon

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by JohnnyWash1
Unless I am wrong, you are referring to the paddle shifting gearbox akin to F1 car trannys. This would mean the car still has a clutch, it is just computer controlled. I worded my sentence very carefully, but I guess I should have done it better. I meant "No true sports car has a torque converter".

Jon
:werd:

Paddle shifters are still "manual".

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Originally posted by NoRulzAt140 Mph
:werd:

Paddle shifters are still "manual".
wouldn't that mean when the gts auto is switched into manual mode, it would be the same concept?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well what im askin is that if you think the auto/tip paddle shiftin whatever transmission works like a normal. You still have the same control as you would in a manuel. You can rev just as high as the others when you want to except for off the line unless u would dump it outta neutral.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
well what im askin is that if you think the auto/tip paddle shiftin whatever transmission works like a normal. You still have the same control as you would in a manuel. You can rev just as high as the others when you want to except for off the line unless u would dump it outta neutral.
neutral dop no good for tranny :nono:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts