NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the local Mitsubishi dealer to browse around with my friend who owns an Evo 9 MR.

Ended up driving off the lot with a black 05 STI. :gap:

wheeeeeee!!!!

Illusive, Im gonna need tips from ya! Maybe meet up soon?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LightningRod said:
Wow ... congrats! STI from a Mitsubishi dealership? The irony ...
lol, yeah. Probably from STI owners trading in for an EVO. IMHO, they were making a mistake. STI is better in some ways.

:D

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn
richie mc-rich!
just walk into a dealership not expecting to buy and walking out with a new STI
i wish i could do something like that

·
get that motabs going!
18,289 Posts
ihartmycelica said:
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn
richie mc-rich!
just walk into a dealership not expecting to buy and walking out with a new STI
i wish i could do something like that
+1

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha I actually was looking to buy a STI, just not on that particular night. But the deal was SO good I couldn't say no.

$29,000 asking price
20,000 miles
Excellent condition

I still had about 6k left on the Celi and I told them I wasn't going to drive the STI off unless they paid the car off for me.

They agreed to it.

So I couldn't say no!

·
Registered
446 Posts
00TRDGT-S said:
haha I actually was looking to buy a STI, just not on that particular night. But the deal was SO good I couldn't say no.

$29,000 asking price
20,000 miles
Excellent condition

I still had about 6k left on the Celi and I told them I wasn't going to drive the STI off unless they paid the car off for me.

They agreed to it.

So I couldn't say no!
wow

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
00TRDGT-S said:

$29,000 asking price
20,000 miles
Excellent condition

They agreed to it.

So I couldn't say no!

i'm not being sarcastic here. is that a good price? isn't a new sti around 32k?

·
Registered
62 Posts
GT-S Celica said:
i'm not being sarcastic here. is that a good price? isn't a new sti around 32k?

not sure wat kbb value is, but i think 26-27K on an 05 STI with that mileage is what you shuld be paying. And that's with a few bolt on mod's thrown in. Stock I'd expect it to be around 25K-26K. Just from what I have seen though . . .

·
Registered
936 Posts
Nice upgrade! Welcome to Scooby family. You wont regret your purchase. Trust me :thumbup:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lol seriously, I've spent quite a bit on gas already!! boosting sure eats it all up!!!

yes, you all are right.. brand new STI is 34k MSRP but we all know dealers ALWAYS add on options to boost the price, so they are usually 35-36k. Add taxes, registration, etc...

Plus they totally paid off my celica during the trade, so even if the 29,000 i paid for it was a bit high.. i got a good bargain with the trade-in.

:)

·
Registered
37 Posts
One important part you left out: What did they value ur Celi at? If they were asking $29K for the STi and paid off ur $6K note, and the final price was 29K, they thought ur Celi was only worth $6K...

FYI: My 2000 loaded GTS, not including my mods, and 98K miles is worth $6370 in fair condition ($7560 in good).

What year was ur Celi and how many miles?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts