NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Air inlet pipping / oil catch can

Hello everyone! I recently turbo'd my celica gts and she's holding up amazingly. I went with the turbokits.com kit used from another user on this site. After weather delays and other small things coming up here and there, the turbo finally got done and tuned. However, there are two things I want to add to the overall set up. Those two things are: Turbo air inlet pipe and a oil catch can.
Air intake pipe (like the SF kit had)
*picture of what i am talking about*

Reason for this is, tk.com didn't come with inlet pipe like that, and it would make installing oil catch can a lot easier. Instead of drilling hole on turbo itself, I drill a hole on intake pipe and get the vacuum I need to run catch can. If there is another way to create the vacuum for the catch can (I think through exhaust pipe? if i read the forum post correctly..) let me know. I have read the forums quit a bit so if I would have found a solution to this i wouldn't be posting this thread but I haven't seen anyone wanting to do what I want. Also, I am assuming I would have to custom fabricate the pipes like SF had on their kit. Any suggestions on how to get that done? OR by some luck, maybe someone has those pipes laying around? haha

Thank you everyone for the help / suggestions

·
Registered
244 Posts
u can leave the pcv hose routed to intake manifold as it is a 1 way valve and will not let boost into the crankcase.

block off the fitting on the top of the throttle body that the crankcase breather goes to, and attach a small 32mm breather filter to the hose connecting to the crankcase.

job done.

you can run it like this, this is basically how it was designed to run apart for the crankcase breather venting to atmosphere instead of to the throttle body. The PCV system itself can be left untouched.

remember.. there are 2 fittings on the crankcase.. one is a simple breather, and one is the PCV 1 way valve.. The one further back closer to the cabin is the PCV valve.

Benefit to this is you wont be sucking oil vapours into the turbo and contaminating the mass airflow sensor at the same time. plus catchcans can get tricky

1 - 4 of 4 Posts