NewCelica.org Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Jersey Jay said:
I want to get rid of that funky orange/red hose but Billy my tech says it's there for a reason. When I get the car back I'll take it off:gap:
LOL You better listen to Billy Jay!!!!

BTW looks great!!!

I have most of my parts and will be starting my car soon jay.... better look out :gap:

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
cool2miketlu said:
is this addressed to me? I am the only other person I know on this board that has this...
hmmmmm wonder if all wires are connected right, check all wires first...
2nd check the connection cable to the computer does it have a bent pin?
After all that I would check the notebook operating system, maybe conflict in the configuration?
Mark said when ever you enter something and want it to write to the FTC1-E you have to turn off engine and leave key at on position, did you do that?
These are the only things I can think of, sorry can not be of any more help. I have not hooked up a laptop to the ECU yet so not sure how this works.

If all of above is not the problem then the only other possible problem I see is the unit was damaged during shipping maybe?
All that we need Mike is power to the unit and the serial cable from the computer to the piggyback. We have 12 volts to the piggyback and used 3 different serial cables no dice. I just spoke with Mark and he said the unit doesn't work with win 98 only the 2nd edition. I'm going to use a 12 volt convertor Fri. direct to the unit and see if we can communicate with it then.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.