NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have had my GTS for about a week now so i figured its time to start romping on it. My first race was my buddies 03 Nissan Sentra Spec V(I/E) He immediately pulled from me off the line, and I didnt start catching up way until the end of 3rd gear. End results Spec V>Me(about 1 1/2 cars) Second race my friends, friends, friend lol Tuscani V6? I am not sure about mods but I know it was a 5spd and it had a dual exhaust. It pulled on me through every gear leaving me about 2+ cars or so.It sounded mean though..... Overall I am stock so I didnt plan on beating anyone, but I did have fun and learned more about my car. How did I do???? Thanks

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
you suck at driving.... I absolutely rape Spec V's.... I got a vid of it at the track also ;).... learn how to drive.....

·
Registered
82 Posts
i gotta agree with silver21 not to throw insults out ther but u need to learn ur car a lil better. spec v's should b no prob and the v6 tiburons rnt much better but u gotta remember the gt-s is a tough car to perfect the driving on. it takes time a week is not long enugh to properly drive it but once u learn those cars shouldnt b that much of an issue good luck

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
The Tuscani has alot of potential with its 2.7lt V6 but outta the box its only like 157hp.. 180tq~. Should be it easily if its stock

·
It is known.
8,239 Posts
SickCelica696 said:
The Tuscani has alot of potential with its 2.7lt V6 but outta the box its only like 157hp.. 180tq~. Should be it easily if its stock
They didn't underate the engine that much. It should be in the 170's hp wise.

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
silver21 said:
you suck at driving.... I absolutely rape Spec V's.... I got a vid of it at the track also ;).... learn how to drive.....
gts04celi said:
i gotta agree with silver21 not to throw insults out ther but u need to learn ur car a lil better. spec v's should b no prob and the v6 tiburons rnt much better but u gotta remember the gt-s is a tough car to perfect the driving on. it takes time a week is not long enugh to properly drive it but once u learn those cars shouldnt b that much of an issue good luck
A Spec V is a drivers race in the 1/4 with the launch edge to the Spec V. Believe it or not.

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
party2go said:
it is 170 hp stock...and as far as potential...eh no...its an suv motor with an aftermarket as large as my lawnmower

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
lVlemphizStylez said:
party2go said:
it is 170 hp stock...and as far as potential...eh no...its an suv motor with an aftermarket as large as my lawnmower
I find the Tiburon has more after market than the Celica.

Secondly. we are not talking about a tiburon. We are talking about a Tucson. A 3500 LB (for the awd) CUV that uses the same 170 HP 2.7L V6 that the Tibby does with 700 more lbs.

The Spec V I can see, the Tucson, unless this guy dumped thousands of dollars in it, is sadly slower than a GTS. Something is wrong or someone needs to practice.

A whole ****ing lot.

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
he said TUSCANI..which is what all the tib owners rename their car (apparently thats the more suave name for it?) And having more aftermarket than the celica is saying what ? In all honesty?? (not trying to be funny)

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
lVlemphizStylez said:
he said TUSCANI..which is what all the tib owners rename their car (apparently thats the more suave name for it?) And having more aftermarket than the celica is saying what ? In all honesty?? (not trying to be funny)
Why is it renamed that?

Also, that is what I meant about the Tibby. It has more after market than the Celica, yet the Celica has no after market. Sad, sad day in Toyota Fanboy world.

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
No idea why they rename it that...My friend owns a tib and him and all his other tibs guys plaster that name over their car...Tuscani for them is like JDM

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
lVlemphizStylez said:
No idea why they rename it that...My friend owns a tib and him and all his other tibs guys plaster that name over their car...Tuscani for them is like JDM
More like KDM. :gap:

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
I suppose but I guess they knew if they rolled around with KDM that they would get flack for that...so Tuscani answers the call of originality

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
lVlemphizStylez said:
I suppose but I guess they knew if they rolled around with KDM that they would get flack for that...so Tuscani answers the call of originality
Ha. Pretty soon you will get people in Celica's wanting KDM/Tuscani Parts.

·
Registered
273 Posts
silver21 said:
NoRulzAt140 said:
Something is wrong or someone needs to practice.

A whole ****ing lot.
:werd:

I would not race again... EVER...

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
yea except the fact after basic bolt ons the aftermarket kinda falls on its face....that and the weak ass supercharger they sell for it....Doesnt help stock that power falls off REAL EARLY....makes all its torque in like the first 3000 rpms but doesnt hold it steady for the next 4000...now the Spec V that's a car with a strong aftermarket and a good power curve

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
lVlemphizStylez said:
yea except the fact after basic bolt ons the aftermarket kinda falls on its face....that and the weak ass supercharger they sell for it....Doesnt help stock that power falls off REAL EARLY....makes all its torque in like the first 3000 rpms but doesnt hold it steady for the next 4000...now the Spec V that's a car with a strong aftermarket and a good power curve
I believe the Tiburon doesnt even get up to 7K does it? Either way, they run low 15's to begin with in a 6 speed and semi low to mid 15's in a 5 speed. I really dont see why they are so hated. They do respond very well to mods, they arent as heavy as one would think and they are as reliable (03 +) as any other car.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts