NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I am going to be getting either the street or comp hotchkis sway bars to go with my otherwise stock suspension. The only other suspension mod I am considering is a front strut bar (probably apc since it is stiff and cheap). Should I get the front strut bar to go along with my sways or not?? (Or basically what would going with it and going without it feel like?)

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
The front strut bar will help steering feel a bit, and give the front end an overall stiffer feeling. It will also lessen wheelhop a bit on launch.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanks a lot BB. By the way thanks for helping answer everyones questions. You do a great job I must say.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
APC is garbage. You get what you pay for.

Stiffer sway bars will improve cornering and handling to where you can take corners significantly faster. This is where you will feel the biggest improvements.

Also look into a decent set of lowering springs if you haven't. Don't go too low.

The strut tower bar should be the last thing to go on (although I did it first just for kicks). It tightens up the strut towers to prevent flexing. Your steering will feel more responsive as a result. You also score a few points in the "looks" department.

TRD's STB is relatively inexpensive (shop around) and works well.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by alphasubzero949
APC is garbage. You get what you pay for.
True, but it doesn't take much skill to weld together 5pcs of steel and chrome them. ;) RMM and APC literally look exactly the same. Nobody here has reported any problems except a tight fit sometimes (expected from non-adjustable bars).

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by SatansLilCelica
Sounds good.... How does the change on something that is nonadjustable?
Huh? :confused:
Originally posted by sheizen
the only difference between apc and rmm is the finish...apc is dull with some rust and rmm is a mirror shine.
I just cleaned up the rust on a a friend's RMM strut bar's welds a few weeks ago. :chuckles:
Originally posted by SatansLilCelica
Which performs better?
Haven't heard of either bar breaking welds or bending, so I'd say they're the same performance wise, as they're both made of stainless steel.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Who knows, maybe they're hand welded or something. Either way, people just use a drill to slightly widen the holes so the bar will fit perfectly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts