NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i had my 2000 gts with 50k miles for around a month now and I'm having problems with shiftig from 1st to 2nd gear. I did a search and found that alot of people are having the same problem. I rev up to 8200 and when trying to shift to 2nd i hit a wall. Even at like 7000 it does the same thing. I read that engine mounts helps. How much are engine mounts, where can i get them, and can i install them myself? I also heard some talk about synchrous, but am not sure what thats about. What should i do?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
i dont think youre engine mounts are the problem. you mean that it doesnt go into gear? try adjusting your shifter linkages. or you might need new ones.

·
Registered
327 Posts
i have the same problem and lose many races because of it...its really embarrassing, expecially at the runs

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
a lot of poeple that owned gts's really beat that crap out of them! so you realy never know what kind of gts you are goin to get. whether it had an engine rebuild or if the dude really fawked up his tranny, and the dealer just wants to sell you the car so they will say anything to you, and in most cases they dont even know the car is runing poorly. i gues you wuld have to either own one or have driven a properly running gts to know whether things are runin kosher.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Probably second gear synchors. Does it go in after a push and grind sound?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:
Probably second gear synchors. Does it go in after a push and grind sound?
There is no grind but this is what happens. After i hit the wall, i keep trying to put it in to 2nd, but it doesnt go in. As the car starts to slow down, it then goes it. I acutally did some test. I reved up to the redline, then i pressed the clutch all the way down and tried to shift in to 2nd. At first, it doesnt go in, but as the car decreases in speed, it became eaiser and eaiser to get in to 2nd. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by Tuppuguy
There is no grind but this is what happens. After i hit the wall, i keep trying to put it in to 2nd, but it doesnt go in. As the car starts to slow down, it then goes it. I acutally did some test. I reved up to the redline, then i pressed the clutch all the way down and tried to shift in to 2nd. At first, it doesnt go in, but as the car decreases in speed, it became eaiser and eaiser to get in to 2nd. Any suggestions?
maybe linkage. You still have warranty?

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by Tuppuguy
The car has a 100k 6 year powertrain warrenty. It came as a certified used vehicle. Will this cover it?
yes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts