NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know how many of you have a purge kit, but as food for thought for myself, where would you guys suggest i position the purge lines? i have a twin line system so it would have to come out of two places.

i initially wanted a fast furious skyline arch job set up, but unless i drill tiny holes into the body above the arch, i dont see how i can fit this to look tidy without a nasty looking line spoiling the looks of the car.

my only other thoughts are to put it on either end of the line/grill on the facelift front end i have. thats the only way i could get it to aim slightly upwards while staying stealth and unseen.

any other ideas, or prefereably, pics of previous celicas?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Purging is used to maintain consistency.

They also use it to achieve x pressure in the system.

It isnt a "ricer" mod if youre into nitrous and know how it all works.

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
Luni420 said:
Purging is used to maintain consistency.

They also use it to achieve x pressure in the system.

It isnt a "ricer" mod if youre into nitrous and know how it all works.
all that might be true...but on that small 75 shot....ill sacrifice that extra 4-5 hp to save about 5 bucks id be wasting on purging

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My system has perfectly sized lines and doesnt need a purge, so im aware of the functional uses as to why it would be needed ;)

However, call it a ricer mod if you like, but i am purging liquid c02 through a seperate small bottle purely for show. All i want to know is where the guys purge from. Not a smart arse answer ;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
My purge line runs out of the driver side wheel well...it was pretty cool till it recently came free because of the pressure and got shreaded by my tire, next up: copper tubing.

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha, yeha mine runs under the arch into the bay from the driver side too,l but the solenoid is in the bay. hopefully i'll get some pics up by the ned of the week. the install should be done 2mrw hopefully though. im planning on having two pipes aiming up from the gaps between bonnet and arch. should look cool :)

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
why not put one on each side of the hood scoop....angling out away and then touch it off with some lights

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:chuckles: ive done it now...on the gap between bonnet and arch metal, aiming upwards.

pics later on today or 2mrw :)

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
I slightly drilled out the front emblem and ran the pipe in the middle of the toyota emblem t. where the cross section meets. It's stealth

1 - 13 of 13 Posts