NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im about to buy tires and wheels for my car and my first choice in tires are the NITTO NT01 but a friend said that the BFGoodrich g-Force TA Drag Radials are beter and since he works at a tire shop im guessing that he has good advice but he is also the type that even if he is wrong he swears he is right just to wana be a know it all about everything (which is anoying at times) so I want peoples opininons on these two street tires witch do you think is beter?

·
Registered
7,392 Posts
none.
go for hoosier drag radials, there the best out there .

i used them on the celica, and launched at 7k no wheel spin.
also consider buying 15" rims for the drag radials, and a new set of 15" wheels for the front. i recommend the Rota slipstreams

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
the g-forces, all my friends use those the most and my friend recomends them too and he works at a tire/mechanic shop

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
man arent those heavy on the celica, you would get no spin but any power to them?

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
none.

also consider buying 15" rims for the drag radials, and a new set of 15" wheels for the front. i recommend the Rota slipstreams
Those are slicks, not drag radials. You can't compare! You will definitely will get more grip with those. It depends of what you want ..

I have a set of pretty worned BFG DRs. If that can help, my next set will be the exact same tire ...

·
Registered
457 Posts
Are those really considerd street tires? i cant see them getting many miles or having good traction in rain?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
none.

Are they street legal? I need them for street use allso.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Both NT01 and g-Force Drag Radials are street legal.

yeah me neither but their isn't allot of rain here in Arizona and im not a very aggresive every day driver.
if you already have a 4 set of tires then just buy 2 drag tires and rims and keep those as race tires and daily drive on your street tires,. drag tires wont get many miles on the street due to the softer rubber... thats what i do with my autocross tires and it works great and save's me more miles on my more expensive race tires

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
the hoosiers i think would be a heavy tire, the g forces are the best and i would get those

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Im about to buy tires and wheels for my car and my first choice in tires are the NITTO NT01 but a friend said that the BFGoodrich g-Force TA Drag Radials are beter and since he works at a tire shop im guessing that he has good advice but he is also the type that even if he is wrong he swears he is right just to wana be a know it all about everything (witch is anoying at times) so I want peoples opininons on these two street tires witch do you think is beter?
I have the bfgoodrich drag radials in size 205/50/15'' and i think they suck as. spraying with a 75 shot and tire PSI to 20lbs and launching at 5500 RPMS they just spin:(

If u do buy them get em a little wider (225-50-15'') and tell me what u think.

·
Registered
7,392 Posts
actually the Hoosier drag radials are street legal. they have just 1 line going down on them for water. i mean who the fu<k buys drag radials to drive around in them on the street or use them every day???
you buy them for race. meaning you will change to drag radials before the race.
i think Hoosier is the way to go bro. listen to the post above he was spinning with them. i had no problems at 7k and just dumping the clutch.
believe me i know what slicks look like and those are not slicks.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Im about to buy tires and wheels for my car and my first choice in tires are the NITTO NT01 but a friend said that the BFGoodrich g-Force TA Drag Radials are beter and since he works at a tire shop im guessing that he has good advice but he is also the type that even if he is wrong he swears he is right just to wana be a know it all about everything (which is anoying at times) so I want peoples opininons on these two street tires witch do you think is beter?

if your going to be tracking your car on a high speed track with turns then get the nt01's
if its for the 1/4 mile drag strip then get the g-force's
if its for your daily driven car then dont get either they will not last long at all on the street and it will be a waste of money.

·
Registered
795 Posts
if you dont have many performance modifications then i would just recommend street drags.. if you do, then nitto nt1.. but wouldnt recommend them for everyday driving.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
if you already have a 4 set of tires then just buy 2 drag tires and rims and keep those as race tires and daily drive on your street tires,. drag tires wont get many miles on the street due to the softer rubber... thats what i do with my autocross tires and it works great and save's me more miles on my more expensive race tires
this is the best advice I can get thanks allot but problem is I dont go to the track to often its in the streets were I get challanged the most (I know its stupid to race on the streets and im not a teenager im 22 and I should know beter by now but wen im challanged I just get fired up which I know most of you in here recognise the fealing) so I head to an empty street were their isn't much population and their is a clear view but I allso need good cornering with the tires just to be safe incase I need to avoid anything.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have the bfgoodrich drag radials in size 205/50/15'' and i think they suck as. spraying with a 75 shot and tire PSI to 20lbs and launching at 5500 RPMS they just spin:(

If u do buy them get em a little wider (225-50-15'') and tell me what u think.
cool thanks.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts