NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lower hose is cool to touch while the upper hose is hot. I've try 2 different tstats and put in a new water pump. Still no circulation. The fan doesn't kick in and it doesn't blow heat. Could it be a stubborn bubble or clogged rad? I'm going to let it cool down and try to flush the engine and rad

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ran water through the radiator upper hose and steady stream comes out the lower rad hose so it's not that. Ran water through the block and it was steady. New water pump in today and also new tstat in a week ago. I honestly don't know what the problem could be

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
sounds like a bubble, you have to just work it out or you can do the blowjob method. fill the bottle then blow into it and force the water through the system. put your finger over the overfill hose. when you push all the water out of the bottle, fill it back up again. just keep doing this with the engine running. it will work the bubble out. also turn the heater on full blast

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I kinda did that too and burnt my chin really bad cause I guess I blew into the reservoir too hard and it splashed back onto my face. No fun Lol. But I'll keep trying that. I also had heater on full blast and it was still blowing out outside environment temp air

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So i got a little time to work on the car today and still attempting to bleed to air. Only coolant now comes out of the bleed valve when I bleed it. The radiator seems to be full and the thermostat does open and the coolant is flowing. But the fan does not kick in. Both fans works when i turn a/c on. Could it be a temp sensor? I know there's one besides the battery but is there one by the tstat also? The temp on the live feed on my obd scanner seems to work fine though

1 - 11 of 11 Posts