NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes i have used the search function and the only thing it has lead me to was replacing the lift bolt which has been done, and cleaning my OCV screens which has also been done, And guess what still no lift. It really only hits like 10% of the time, every other time I go to hit lift i will rev to 6000, lift will not engage and then i hit my fuel cut off at 7000, Im at the end of my rope here and have run out of ideas, can someone please point me in the right direction, i have felt the udder greatness of the 2zz in my celica, now i just want to be able to feel it whenever i want. Thanks in advance for any input or advice.

·
Banned
9,353 Posts
I would check the lift bolts just in case. i know you said they were done but hell you never know if one is broken..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yeah I'm sure the lift bolts are good they were just done, when I say just done I mean last weekend just done and I know that it has to be warm, luckily my old bolts were not broken so the replacement was pretty easy. Now I'm at a loss, I have done both of the things that usually cause this issue, have no CEL, and still no lift, just looking for anything else that may be causing this

·
Banned
9,353 Posts
Hmm that is odd then. Are you sure you torqued them to spec?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So glad the tech at toyota gave me the wrong spec, now I have to redo my entire install, fun fun. Would that .5 cause the lift to not be engaging consistently?

·
Banned
9,353 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found that after I had already done mine, I'll go ahead and redo the install to the correct spec and see if that does it, if not I'm kinda at a loss, if anyone has any other ideas in the meantime that would be a big help as well

·
Registered
831 Posts
Clean the solenoids for the vvt and vvtli ones next to the alternator and the other is next to the battery disassemble that one and clean it really good

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've cleaned the OCV screens, and the OCV housings when I did the lift bolts, is the solenoid the piece that attaches to the housing? That I did not clean because I did not want to break it when I removed it, thanks for the input hopefully I can get this baby roaring again soon

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
it could be in your wiring, check the plugs that go to the lift OCV. those wires tend to break

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
UPDATE: noticed that I can hit lift when I am at only two ticks on my thermostat, as soon as I hit the middle or third tick I can hit lift any longer, i assume that the coolant temp sensor may be the issue, but I will also check that the wires are still good on the sensors. The only reason this throws me off is because I'm not seeing any check engine lights, would a faulty temp sensor throw a CEL? Going to look into it more tonight, thanks for all the input it's been a huge help

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So there was a reason I was not getting any CEL, the damn thing was burnt out, when I had it scanned it throw a p0325 and I read some where else on here that someone had a problem just like mine because of the knock sensor, all the same signs, not hitting lift with fresh bolts, ECM keeping the car in safe mode even at op temp, and the one I noticed last night, the motor running a bit rich, which I would bet is because the motor is running at full retard due to being in safe mode, some one correct me if I'm entirely wrong. So I'm going to replace the knock sensor and hopefully that fixes this headache.

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
yes that sounds right. check the wiring first, its a single wire (2000 to 2001) and by now they are brittle and can break. if the wiring is ok then replace the sensor

1 - 17 of 17 Posts