NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard there is going to be no Sport Compact Car show next year in Carlisle, PA. I heard this from my local news station. They had interviewed some big wig from the town and because of all the drunks and other citations given out, there will be no more! Did anyone else hear this? I will keep you guys updated on what I find out, this pisses me off! :angry:

·
Registered
929 Posts
I haven't heard anything, but I did read an article in the Sunday paper in Carlisle that a security guard was assaulted Saturday night trying to break up a burnout.

If there's no show next year, it will be unfortunate. I had a really good time.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I would say that may be right. From the sounds of the posts in GD it sounds like it got crazy. I remember when I went two years ago it was a good time but the only bad thing was some burnouts (LarryD will remember). Then last year the cops all over and this year they had to use Helicopters!!! That's kind of crazy and un called for don't ya think? I wouldn't blame them for shutting it down.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Exactly. The first year that I went it was a good time. Just hanging out and checking out the cars and the barely dressed girls. But there were no fights, sex scenes behind hot dog stands, nudity or police for that matter. Like I said the only thing was people doing burnouts when they left. That lasted for about 20 minutes and they stopped. I just see no reason for people to act like idiots at shows. Your there to look/show your car. Not start trouble and beat up security guards. Hence the reason I stopped going to shows and got out of the import scene after only 3 years.

·
Registered
929 Posts
We had cops at our hotel all night because of a group of people doing burnouts, being rude, and generally being assholes. There was a prom at our hotel Friday night, these dicks were yelling "Show your tits." and other derogitory remarks at the kids. Totally classless.

·
Registered
166 Posts
If I remember correctly they said last year that if the show went the same way again that they were going to cancel it for good. But there were also some rumors of not having it this year but I guess that didn't go though.

For those of you guys that do still show or go to these things I wish you the best with them. But with people doing things that were talked about I can't see this show lasting much longer. And if the import scene at one show is that bad just imagine what it's like at other places.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
The season has began with a boom. Lets keep it civil this weekend at Seaside fella's.
I down for seeing some booty as much as the next guy (except Gayson) but sh*t, some of the stuff that transpired at the PA show was quite out of hand and uncalled for.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Yea, i don't mean to put down other car owners, but i'd like to believe that celica owners can keep it mature and a step above the rest. I know when i've hung out with everyone we've been respectful and courteous. Aside from mr. retarded officer @ van saun who had a problem w/ someone taking off their bumper :wtf:, i think that we haven't had any encounters (aside from carlos going through a red light :)). I hope that we can keep it civil once again and just have a good time.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yea i did see some STRANGE stuff there this weekend....people having sex right out in the open LOL who knows.....some idiots screw it up for the rest of us

I was wondering if it was anyone on this site or maybe another...i met up with like 6 celicas on the turnpike on the way back sunday....just seeing if it was anyone on here...

·
Registered
929 Posts
trog2233 said:

I was wondering if it was anyone on this site or maybe another...i met up with like 6 celicas on the turnpike on the way back sunday....just seeing if it was anyone on here...
I was one of the six. Jmilo, Lamar Vannoy, DJ Fox, Kdawg, and Team Celica's Scuba Steve had the red GTS w/ Blitz.

·
Registered
13,310 Posts
Yo buck,

Scuba Steve (nomination for best sig of all-time)?? WillyK would love to hear that he's still around. You are getting around. Where are you living now?

Will

·
Registered
298 Posts
well... i got pulled over with my club just so they had the opertunity to walk around the car to find anything illegal on it just to tell me my headlights are illegal... and they're stock!!! ill say this... with this scene you have more kids... and more dumbass movies like "the ***s and the curious" out there that give other people in society not accustomed to these cars/scene a bad idea as well as maybe attract people to the scene by it's implied image and that you have to act this way if you have a car like this... hate to tell everyone... but it's not just us... ppl in mustangs, trucks, hotrods, and motorcycles all can act very very similar if not worse...

oh yeah... we're not taking this... i'm fighting my ticket... and my other club members that have a legit fight on their hands will be taking it to them already... i've already contacted my lawyer and got a signed approval from my local mage and as well as local and our state police barracks state'n everything is legal... they feel they have to pick on us to make it seem like we're that much worse and ruin our image, they will be treated in a similar manner... legally

·
Registered
929 Posts
I wasn't sure of the laws in PA, so I didn't flip any of my neons on. The only thing I was guilty of was ghetto blasting my stereo...maybe open container, now that I know I could've been cited for it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts