NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after installing hotckins lowering springs and tokito shocks when I drive on any speed less then 60 on every small bump I get this clink sound on every little imperfection on the road. Seems on highway I can't hear it but I might be wrong. Even when im putting the car in garage I can hear the noise when I hit little bump entering the garage. Sounds like metal hitting metal type of sound. What could be causing this sound ?

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Make sure all the nuts and bolts are tight, especially the big bolts on the bottoms of the struts and the nut on the top centers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the same problem with tokiko spring and shocks combo.
Whenever I am going over a speed bump, I am hearing this noise. I asked my installer, he told me the there is something wrong with the spring like the spring is not compressed completely or something.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by 123celica
I asked my installer, he told me the there is something wrong with the spring like the spring is not compressed completely or something.
That's pretty much impossible, especially with a matched spring/strut set. The springs are compressed as soon as the strut is assembled, and further compressed when the car is back on the ground. There's a possiblity that the spring coils may knock against each other, but that shouldn't happen over small bumps.

·
Registered
28 Posts
When crossing over small speed bump, it's perfectly fine. No sound or whatever. But if crossing over a higher speed bump, I am hearing that sound and I know it's from the back wheels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts