NewCelica.org Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
This is close, but not correct.

The VVTl solenoid is driven with square wave 0-10v signals. .
I'm not dealing with the VVTI.. I'm Defeating the Lift Sol Circuitry, so it will not toss a Cell at you when something else is driving it.. or in my case, when it not even there!

They are Similar Circuits, and use the Same type of Power Supply, but I doubt the Lift sol is Pulsed.. I've not hooked a scope to it .. Have you?.. do you have a Switching Frequency?..

So far the 'Defeat' that I have used, has worked.. I have not tackled the Oil Pressure Circuity yet.. That is next on the 'List'.. After this is Finished..

http://spyderchat.com/forums/showthread.php?42326-Torque-Reading-Motor-Mount&p=707995#post707995

Cap

·
Registered
397 Posts
Sorry, that was a typo (or a lowercase "el") I can't remember

It is pulsed just as the vvti one is (I have no idea why aside from maybe it being a cost savings), I have scoped it many many times. I built a circuit that 'defeats' it as well as the current draw simulator, but I've decided to include that circuit into a microchip circuit that I'm building for the air pump "defeat" along with a few other things that it will do.

It's a shame you aren't on the right coast, or I'd give you a look see ;)

I'm not dealing with the VVTI.. I'm Defeating the Lift Sol Circuitry, so it will not toss a Cell at you when something else is driving it.. or in my case, when it not even there!

They are Similar Circuits, and use the Same type of Power Supply, but I doubt the Lift sol is Pulsed.. I've not hooked a scope to it .. Have you?.. do you have a Switching Frequency?..

So far the 'Defeat' that I have used, has worked.. I have not tackled the Oil Pressure Circuity yet.. That is next on the 'List'.. After this is Finished..

http://spyderchat.com/forums/showthread.php?42326-Torque-Reading-Motor-Mount&p=707995#post707995

Cap

·
Registered
176 Posts
If it is Pulsed, then the Wattage is a bit less.. Thats Comforting..

Make sense if they are using the Same Sol Coil, to drive it the same way.. Probably only really needs a Steady DC of about 6 Volt to actuate.. Might as well use a PWM to get it..

Do you have the 'General Idea of the Cycle' of the VVTI Pulses?.. I'm looking to Log the Duty Cycle of the VVTI pulses to the Sol Coil, and I'm just wondering what range I'll be dealing with.. So I don't have to drag my Scope into the Moving Car.. < My Extension cord is not that long>

Cap

·
Registered
397 Posts
The vvti is all over the place, IIRC 200 - 400hz

I'm confused though, you were talking about VVTL, now VVTI?

If it is Pulsed, then the Wattage is a bit less.. Thats Comforting..

Make sense if they are using the Same Sol Coil, to drive it the same way.. Probably only really needs a Steady DC of about 6 Volt to actuate.. Might as well use a PWM to get it..

Do you have the 'General Idea of the Cycle' of the VVTI Pulses?.. I'm looking to Log the Duty Cycle of the VVTI pulses to the Sol Coil, and I'm just wondering what range I'll be dealing with.. So I don't have to drag my Scope into the Moving Car.. < My Extension cord is not that long>

Cap

21 - 25 of 25 Posts