NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are the advantages of lowering a car besides just looking better? also, do the trd springs offer a noticeable drop or not really worth it?

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
lowering car = lowering center of gravity = you can go into turns faster. if the springs are good there shouldnt be any problems with the shocks, though coilovers are better but a lot more expensive because it replaces the shock absorbers aswell. I believe trd is about a 1" or 1.25" drop?
personally id go with eibach or hotchkis

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yeah, the TRD drop isn't a very big drop. If you don't want a big drop I would go with Tein S-Tech's which is a 1.4' drop. I really wanted to get rid of the gap between the wheel and the fender without scraping wherever I go, and the S-Tech's were perfect for that.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
You can do it yourself if you have the right tools.
I have the stechs with KYB AGX!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Chiller said:
Yeah, the TRD drop isn't a very big drop. If you don't want a big drop I would go with Tein S-Tech's which is a 1.4' drop. I really wanted to get rid of the gap between the wheel and the fender without scraping wherever I go, and the S-Tech's were perfect for that.
What size are you wheels/tires?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have 18s on my car and i want to lower it. What should i go with?? Its a daily drive. Im open for suggestions.

·
Registered
69 Posts
How much should i lower my car with 18s on it and what are some recommendations

·
Registered
69 Posts
18s look good on a celica. i was just wondering how much i should drop my car

·
Registered
958 Posts
If I went with just some s-tech springs would they be fine on the stock shocks with 17's on my car?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts