NewCelica.org Forum banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
9,860 Posts
^to be honest, most of my shots would probably be landscape. I don't plan on doing a whole lot of macro shots... mostly just scenery shots and every now and then some portraits and of course... the Celica!
i would suggest getting a ultra wide angle lens then :shrugs: i would also recommend getting a wide angle prime lens for portraits.

·
Trust me, I'm Asian.
8,552 Posts
Every company makes good and bad lenses so it depends on what range/speed you're looking for.

For UWA, Tokina makes the best ones.

·
Registered
9,860 Posts
the only sigma lens that i've heard that is great for macro photography is the 150mm one

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Ok, I'll look into a tokino for UWA lenses. Anyone have a recommendation fisheye lens?

I thought they were kinda cool for cinematography.

Meanwhile, I just purchased some more gear for the camera. Got myself a Pearstone lens hood and a Zeikos battery grip. This photography hobby isn't any cheaper than modding the Celica... Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
...And my first lens purchase:

Canon 28mm f/1.8 USM

Pretty sharp at 2.8 and beyond. Did a few portraits over the weekend. Has a pretty nice bokeh. I read reviews from others that this lens had a lot of chromatic aberration issues, but so far I'm pretty satisfied with my purchase.

It's a little weird shooting with a 28mm on a cropped body, but it doesn't bother me so much. Just gotta take a few steps forward closer to my subjects ;)

Show you guys some samples tonight.

And now... I want to get rid of my 18-135mm IS f/3.5 -5.6 lens

·
Registered
9,860 Posts
that's a pretty good lens for group portraits ! you can usually see CA when you're stopped all the way up

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
^I haven't found the right light situation to stop all the way up yet. So far I've been using mostly 2.8-5.6 in my shots over the weekend.

But I'm glad you think it's a pretty good lens!

I had a friend who wanted me to go for the Tamron 18-55 f/2.8 but I really wanted a prime lens for videos so i stuck w/ the Canon. Build quality is better than the Tamron.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Bought it second hand for $415. Bargained the guy to include a Hoya UV filter :gap:

For cropped body cameras, it's better to go as wide as you can. It's always easier to walk closer to your subjects than it is to back up... depending on the scenario. This is especially true if you're shooting indoors where space is limited.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts