NewCelica.org Forum banner

2281 - 2300 of 5706 Posts

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Viola4ka said:
In compUsa they have the Nokia phones that u can hook up to any service. i think all phones should be like that! thats how they do it in russia. Buy the phone and hook it up to ur service...
I agree... everything would be made so much easier on all users.

silverCELICAgt-s said:
My plan runs out this december, so come january, i am getting the Razr cause the Razr will be offered to verizon service users starting in jan.

-greg
I highly doubt it will pick up as good service as the newer LG phones though.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
TRD StreetRacing said:
Radi0active Man said:
"Long hair, pretty face, slim waist. Kind that you marry and take to another place..."
sorry bro but i LOVE shoulder lenght curley hair :drool: x 1000
Mike... that was your 10,000th post :AF:

****EDIT****

After reading through the rest of NE, I retract the above statement and admit I may be retarded.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
evil eye said:
They're making that phone for Verizon now? Well there goes being one of the few with it. :D

You should get it in pink Mark. :)
My brother said the same thing to me since he thought he was special having the Cingular RAZR... :fawk:
silverCELICAgt-s said:
cause the Razr will be offered to verizon service users starting in jan.

-greg
Or earlier for cool people like me... :cool:

·
Registered
27,517 Posts
Radi0active Man said:
evil eye said:
They're making that phone for Verizon now? Well there goes being one of the few with it. :D

You should get it in pink Mark. :)
My brother said the same thing to me since he thought he was special having the Cingular RAZR... :fawk:
:D

Well I had the black one before it was released in the US, and I thought I was special. :wtc:

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
ya, motorolla had a special contract with cingular to only offer it to them for the first year of the Razr. Then after that, it is open to other companies and so I know that the service I use, verizon, will be offering it at the start of the new year.

-greg

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
my god its a damn phone......i dont see the big deal or understand how people spend that kind of money on a damn CELL PHONE! i mean seriously.....having a camera(that takes crappy pics at that) and/or video recoder in a cell phone is just silly. as well as all these other stupid things they do nowadays lke play music, and go online and whatnot.

i just dont get it, it boggles my mind.

·
Registered
27,517 Posts
I have no problem with a unit that would do everything I would ever need it to do. I'm waiting for the day where a cell phone will take quality pics 5.0mp or higher, high res video, play mp3's and whatever else, next gen video games, a storage capacity of 20gb, and have a battery life of one week before recharge. Hell a mini computer that acts as a cell phone would suffice. :) Less chit to carry around.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
rddcelica said:
my god its a damn phone......i dont see the big deal or understand how people spend that kind of money on a damn CELL PHONE! i mean seriously.....having a camera(that takes crappy pics at that) and/or video recoder in a cell phone is just silly. as well as all these other stupid things they do nowadays lke play music, and go online and whatnot.

Shut up.

:chuckles:

evil eye said:
I have no problem with a unit that would do everything I would ever need it to do. I'm waiting for the day where a cell phone will take quality pics 5.0mp or higher, high res video, play mp3's and whatever else, next gen video games, a storage capacity of 20gb, and have a battery life of one week before recharge. Hell a mini computer that acts as a cell phone would suffice. :) Less chit to carry around.
We just had a Motorola rep. come to speak with us recently. Well i dont give two shits about what is currently out b/c ive owned all of motorolas phones that have come out in the last year :chuckles:

But me and him started talking about Moto's big investments in the upcoming year or so. Joe, your gonna be quite happy when they start releasing their new stuff in mid to late 06. They have some really cool ideas/concepts coming out!

·
North East OG member
12,472 Posts
rddcelica said:

i thought u guys still use smoke signals in the backwood country :confused:

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
rotchcrocket04 said:
Viola4ka said:
In compUsa they have the Nokia phones that u can hook up to any service. i think all phones should be like that! thats how they do it in russia. Buy the phone and hook it up to ur service...
i was talking about this concept with my mom and she made a good point...getting a phone IS much cheaper if u get it with a service company. Like the phone Lee (my bf) is getting me is about 350 and with a 2 yr plan and 100$ discount from buying online he is getting it for me for 200. u save a lot of buying it with a company...but do u make it up with the monthly billing the phone comes with>

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
evil eye said:
then move to japan....
i walked into a samsung exhibit in NYC during april and they had a bunch of cell phones on exhibit that you could play around with that were from japan.... all i can say is WOW! Those lil japanese people know where its at!

-greg

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Viola4ka said:
rotchcrocket04 said:
i was talking about this concept with my mom and she made a good point...getting a phone IS much cheaper if u get it with a service company. Like the phone Lee (my bf) is getting me is about 350 and with a 2 yr plan and 100$ discount from buying online he is getting it for me for 200. u save a lot of buying it with a company...but do u make it up with the monthly billing the phone comes with>
I'm not sure I'm reading this right. My friend owns a cell phone shop. He said that the reason he can sell phones for cheaper, is because of the commission he makes from the service provider for setting you up on their network.

·
Registered
27,517 Posts
rotchcrocket04 said:
Joe, your gonna be quite happy when they start releasing their new stuff in mid to late 06. They have some really cool ideas/concepts coming out!
Sweet! :cool:

Viola4ka said:
rotchcrocket04 said:
i was talking about this concept with my mom and she made a good point...getting a phone IS much cheaper if u get it with a service company.
It's true. The last two phones I had, I sold on ebay after 1 year of use and got back all the money I put down for it when I got the contract. As a matter of fact, I just sold my girlfriends LG VX600 for $100 on ebay, and that thing was beat to hell. I started the auction 12am last night and it was won at 6am with BIN. :faint:

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
portopotti said:
I'm not sure I'm reading this right. My friend owns a cell phone shop. He said that the reason he can sell phones for cheaper, is because of the commission he makes from the service provider for setting you up on their network.
Correct. Here is an example...

I (working directly for the company) make approx. $50 on a base line $39.99 plan for two years.

Lets say we will use a base Nokia/Motorola phone for $65 on a two year, new activation.

My friend that owns his own cell phone shop (technically called an "Indirect" store). He offers my company, Cingular and Nextel.

My company sells him the Nokia/Motorola phone for approx. $85-$100.

Now when he signs someone up on this base plan (promo at the time) of $39.99 for two years, my company pays him... $210.

He has the choice of offering the $85-$100 phone for whatever he feels need be. $65 to match what we sell it for... or maybe $85... take no loss and throw in a free car charger.

If you would like to know... car chargers, leather cases and holsters go for approx. .25 - $3.00 a piece, when purchased in bulk. Although most people are too dumb to realize this.

So in turn, he sells the phone at $85, takes no loss on that. Gives them a free car charger "valued at" $19.99. Takes a loss of maybe $2.00 on that. And makes $210 from our company.

Works out pretty well for him. Or if he is feeling nice... take a $30 hit for the phone and sell it for $55. In turn he still makes approx $180.

This $210 plan is the promo at the current time... we pay more for it. Keep in mind my company does pay quite a bit more than Cingular and Nextel to their Indirect stores.

2281 - 2300 of 5706 Posts