NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to go buy some nitrous today and the dude was telling me that I had to do something with my fule rail... can someone tell me what I need to run nitrous... just everything that I have to have to put nitrous on my car... and what system that I need to use dry or wet... I have heard that dry is the way to go
I just need to know what I need to use... any info would be great
thanks
david

·
Registered
74 Posts
yeah wet kit. you should be able to come out the test port on the fuel rail i think...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wet kit

does everyone that has a celica go with the wet kit or do some of them have a dry kit... I heard that a wet kit could really mess up your car... but if that is what everyone goes with that has a celica then that is cool that sounds good to me... is there anything that I have to get for the car other than a nitrous kit...

·
Banned
3,768 Posts
buy the Nitrous Express EFI Import kit with the GenX 2 upgrade. It is a wet system meaning nitrous and fuel are injected into the intake at the same time- this is safer than running a dry shot and it's also what I have in my car now.

No one here runs a dry kit (not that i know of anyway) because like someone already said we do not have a return fuel line. The NX kit with the upgrade package should run you about $850 - the upgrade packages consists of a bottle heater, purge valve along with some other goodies. Great kit, I've used it for almost a year now with no problems. I wouldn't jet your GT-S for more than a 50 shot but whatever, it's not my car :)

As long as you get it installed correctly and you don't jet it to some ridiculous amount of nitrous, your car will be fine.

you might also want to consider a RPM window switch which activates the nitrous at any given RPM point and shuts it off at any given RPM point, that way you cannot hit redline while spraying nitrous. that is a big :nono:

you can buy the nitrous at nitrouswarehouse.com and you can get the Mallory Window Switch by visiting their site, it should run you a good $130. i am selling mine to someone on this board, if the deal falls thru i'll let you know, i can give it to you much cheaper than that.

if you have any more questions let me know :)

·
Registered
459 Posts
850 for a wet kit?!?!?!
you're on crack!!!!
i spent 450 bucks on a complete kit, converted to wet for my old gts
simple is better.

·
Registered
357 Posts
... i think he meant for kit+ the upgrade. you can get the basic EFI kit on ebay brand new for like $500 shipped. the extra $350 is for the cool little goodies... bottle warmer, purge valve, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts