NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,078 Posts
The course was a good one even with the 1st gear turnaround which I never like. It flowed well and wasn't gimmicky (except for the 1st gear turnaround, but the runway is too narrow for anything else if you want to use that portion). The morning runs were very gritty on our cycled out and reversed Hoosiers, so we did a lot of dirt tracking thru the turns, not the quick way around. By our afternoon runs the course had cleaned up pretty well and the grid wasn't so much a gravel pit so we finally got some bite. I was in 2nd, 0.14 out of first after my 4 runs, with everyone in GS but Driver having finished all their runs. Driver worked S&T 3rd run group and ran her last two runs with the fourth group. She had blown her first two runs badly, missing the downshift on the first, and stopping for her own downed cone on the second, so she sat in 7th, DFL after two. She listened to what I had learned and trusted the grip on her 3rd run, but got a little sideways in the offsets after the
turn around. She figured she had blown the run, and let off before the finish lites, but the run was still fast enough to move her into 4th. She concentrated and put it all together on her last run to improve >1.5 sec and jump into 1st. She was more pleased with the top 10 PAX tho than winning the class. She would have finished 5th/9 in the always tough pro class.

· Registered
1,078 Posts
With 150 competitors I didn't think we'd have any fun runs, so we had already changed tires and packed everything up by the time they announced them. I would have liked to have tried the turnaround entering on the left.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.