NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I just got out of work for my lunch break. So Im driving about to turn and all I hear is grinding I was like why. I know you guys are thinking clutch. But its inside my engine bay. The night before I had had valve tapping. And backing firing from im guessing sparking plugs cause I could definetly hear it coming out of the exhaust. Like the put put put type of sound. I went to toyota the other day to buy the idrium spark plugs. I think the moron at the desk gave me the GT spark plugs thats what im suspecting cause I installed them a day before. Before the truck came I thought hm like me take a look at these spark plugs. Sure enough thery were black as night. They looked bad . But when I crank the car over w/o giving it gas the thing will not kick over. But when I do give it gas the damn thing starts grinding I guess thats the best description I can say. I might have a bent valve. I dont know can anyone help me out here. Also since I didnt do any modifications the the egine bay Toyota has to honor their 100,000 power train warranty. Because when I bought it 3 months ago it was a Used Certified 2000 Toyota Celica. And it came with the remainder of a 40,000 mile power train warranty. ie... Engine,Transmission, and Drivetrain.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cause before that I had a major valve tap the night before. It was really putting .Checked the oil everything seemed ok. The werid thing was the everything shut off on the car the other week and it did the same thing again this time but something went really wrong. Is a bent valve covered I guess everythign is covered because I didnt modify anything in the engine. O yea and those spark plugs said genuine toyota product on them . I bought them like I said a day before at that place where its going to get serviced.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Something sounded like it was grinding while it was trying to crank over. And when I gave it some gas it started up but again grinding.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
O ya can they take my warranty away since there was a K & N oil filter? Since its not their oil filter and its under warranty. Im just trying to get a general knowledge here before I walk in and them try to not honor their warranty.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can they void it because of the oil Filter? It's the engine so I guess they have to warranty it. They said they would warranty it if it covers it. If they gave me the wrong spark plugs they are gonna hear about this. The car was knocking before the car completely shut off so that would seem like an interal problem. So im guessing it will cover it.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Have you checked on when you warranty ends? It also has a time limit as well as milage... Call before you take it down there and ask them. Also, if all you have is a K&N oil filter they will not think twice about that.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
swap the oil filter real quick you think? I took it in and the idiots said that it the 3rd spark plugs is cross threaded this dealership is a bunch of idiots I swear to god. They want me to take the car to where I bought it down in Philly. Champion Toyota and let them deal with it. They told me to swap the oil filter before I bring it down there. And to see if I canget the spark plug out. They said they gave it a compression test but who knows they said they couldnt take anything off becuase of the spark plug. If it is becuase of this stupid ass K&N oil filter than their gonna hear from me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts