NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but i was looking around on other car forums and i ran into a tiburon site. www.newtiburon.com while i was there i figured to see what times they run etc. you always here with i/h/e a tiburon is a beast etc. i know that they take F/I very well,but i was curious in seeing what an NA tiburon can do. there is a guy with a 04 6 speed with every bolt on possible plus ecu upgrades. cams is the only thing that he doesnt have. his best run of the night i believe was a 14.5x ish. then you scroll down and see other threads in how i/e tibby`s are beaten type s/gts`s with no problems. lol i`m not hear to start anything, but i curious if any one has seen a tiburon run any decent track times?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MyCelicaYouNV said:
lol 14.5 completely bolted on, what a nice v6 motor :)

i ran 14.4 with intake exhaust and pfc.

im gunna go down there tonight maybe, hopefully do better, got a trd clutch and fidanza flywheel
have fun. i cant wait to move to florida. how are the tracks down there?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lVlemphizStylez said:
they are weak for a v6...reason you dont see cams for them is because they cost like 1200 for cams...My buddy owned one that we tried to make fast...needless to say it was a lost cause
lol well atleast you guys tried. i`m trying to see if any na tiburon`s broke into the 13`s yet.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Boosted2.0 said:
FWIW, while I would NEVER buy a Hyundai, their stuff doesn't suck NEARLY as bad as it used to quality wise. They have made huge improvements in their quality scores in the past 5 or 6 years and their JD Powers ranking show it.

I would still never buy one, they look horrible to me and the quality is still no-where near Toyotas, but its not fair to say they are unmitigated crap, as their quality scores are higher that Mitsubishi, and I think possibly Nissan.

Then again Mitsu stuff is crap quality wise too, so thats not much of an accomplishment. Its kind of like winning the special olympics of quality I guess :D
also hyundai`s lousy quality wise was mostly cause of mitsubishi. they subcontracted most of the work for hyundai. it was until the mid 90`s that hyundai`s new ownership started to build there own. the reason why they are doing alot better.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
y04gt said:
Is not that they are monsters with i/h/e, is just that those cars are very restricted from the factory and with those mods they feel a lot diferent that a stock one. My cousin has a 2005 V6 Tibby and the exhaust system has 3 cats, he put a catless exhaust system, i/h and the car is a lot faster than stock.
true that they are very restricted from factory. though even with i/h/e they are basically = to 6 speed gts/rsx-s at stock form.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
lVlemphizStylez said:
4500 to run 13's...ill pass...for 4500 i better be well into the 12's
exactly right. to get in the 12`s they still need headers and exhaust. so for a nice set of headers and a catback exhaust ... throw in atleast another $1000 min,then you are mid to high 12`s

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
BLUENUBIAN said:
Hyundai is coming up, their quality has improved massively over the past decade. The president of Hyundai Motors has set Toyota quality as their objective. They're starting to take more than design cues from Toyota :chuckles:
true. they really got some good cars with better quality than before. i`m dying to see the new redesign of the tiburon.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
evolve said:
I was on their forums "trolling" and seen that they were trashing celicas and cobalts. So I tried to put some info in, but they seriously flamed me. Its cool, they had a guy with an alpine stage 2 challenge me. Ill post the results soon.
yea there race stories make me laugh. they rip on the new si,type s etc also. they gotta get back to reality .

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
silver21 said:
a battle they don't wanna take on cuz they will lose and will lose bad.... they should keep there market where its at.... don't chase something you can't competition....
well you cant say that completely. the new sonata run high 14`s stock now. there are guys with i/e hitting mid 14`s. not to bad for a 4dr. the 350 z aint that much to contend too. i mean if they were going after the new vette .. i would wonder,but the 350z aint that hard to reach.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
silver21 said:
ok... the Z is a full second faster.... better quality build... looks very sexy.... RWD.... LSD.... a motor thats proving to love boost....good tranny....handles on rails.... not something they are gonna be out performing anytime soon....
yes faster for now. better build quality? nissan`s build quality aint that good. actually if you look at j d powers or consumers hyundai`s quality is a hell alot better than nissan. nissan is on the way down quality wise imo. the 2.7 l motor in the tibby already proven that it takes boost extremly well... it loves superchargers. they aren`t that far off from competing. i love the 350 z but its not that god of a car in which it cant be contended against.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
silver21 said:
hahahaha.... tibby and quality don't even belong in the same sentense.... I have 2 friends with tibbys and one with a SRT4.... both tibbys have a million rattles.... the SRT4 actually isn't that bad.... has better seats and radio.... I think the tibbys are still ugly.... celi looks better, is faster, handles better and the 2zz is a superior engine.....
yea the celica is still a hell of alot better than th tiburon.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
01GTS6spd said:
The Tib felt quicker than my celi though? Maybe because of the torque? The SRT feel was just instant spool 2800K whoosh put me in my seat lol still though a I think their interiors suck. Rental car status..... O and silver21 my clutch is starting to well shyt the bed which one do you recommend?
key word "torque". but by no means that they are quicker.they have a hard time getting into the high 14`s with I/H/E. where as we(celica gts) and the type s can do that in stock form.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.