NewCelica.org Forum banner
21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,818 Posts
hyundai is made by korea, korean cars=crap, korean products=crap. why do you think kia has the best warranty ever? cause kia wouldn't be able to sell their cars without a good warranty, and those things are crap cause its made in korea. the only thing good made in korea are girls, korean girls=excellent.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,018 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,018 Posts
timm3r said:
hyundai is made by korea, korean cars=crap, korean products=crap. why do you think kia has the best warranty ever? cause kia wouldn't be able to sell their cars without a good warranty, and those things are crap cause its made in korea. the only thing good made in korea are girls, korean girls=excellent.
there is so much ignorance in this post i don't even know where to begin.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,995 Posts
Zenith said:
what do you mean the symbol is to slanted to read? have you ever looked at hiragana? (japanese basic alphabet)

here yah go. http://www.learn-japanese.info/hiragana.gif

LOL i say that its slanted even to the japanese because if you compare the honda symbol and hyundai symbol the hyundai symbol is slanted so there for its slanted to the car they know best the honda and therefore wont work on any car trying to imitate a honda ( the "H"symbol ), cause they dont want a cheap imitation for performance

its like trying to be a white kid in a gang down in compton "Malibu's Most Wanted" it just dont work
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,236 Posts
its a 2.7L v6 and it produces slightly more HP than a GTS, I think that is very weak. that is about 70 HP per liter to the GTS's 100.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,018 Posts
have you looked at how restrictive it is? whats weak is a 5.7L only making 300ish hp. thats weak. hell, compare the celi to the 2L s2k. 120hp per liter (non-turbo, non-rotary)
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
15,564 Posts
FWIW, while I would NEVER buy a Hyundai, their stuff doesn't suck NEARLY as bad as it used to quality wise. They have made huge improvements in their quality scores in the past 5 or 6 years and their JD Powers ranking show it.

I would still never buy one, they look horrible to me and the quality is still no-where near Toyotas, but its not fair to say they are unmitigated crap, as their quality scores are higher that Mitsubishi, and I think possibly Nissan.

Then again Mitsu stuff is crap quality wise too, so thats not much of an accomplishment. Its kind of like winning the special olympics of quality I guess :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,735 Posts
BuRn1nG said:
its a 2.7L v6 and it produces slightly more HP than a GTS, I think that is very weak. that is about 70 HP per liter to the GTS's 100.

It makes less hp than a GTS:

Tibby -----------------GTS
172-crank-----------180-crank
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Boosted2.0 said:
FWIW, while I would NEVER buy a Hyundai, their stuff doesn't suck NEARLY as bad as it used to quality wise. They have made huge improvements in their quality scores in the past 5 or 6 years and their JD Powers ranking show it.

I would still never buy one, they look horrible to me and the quality is still no-where near Toyotas, but its not fair to say they are unmitigated crap, as their quality scores are higher that Mitsubishi, and I think possibly Nissan.

Then again Mitsu stuff is crap quality wise too, so thats not much of an accomplishment. Its kind of like winning the special olympics of quality I guess :D
also hyundai`s lousy quality wise was mostly cause of mitsubishi. they subcontracted most of the work for hyundai. it was until the mid 90`s that hyundai`s new ownership started to build there own. the reason why they are doing alot better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
y04gt said:
Is not that they are monsters with i/h/e, is just that those cars are very restricted from the factory and with those mods they feel a lot diferent that a stock one. My cousin has a 2005 V6 Tibby and the exhaust system has 3 cats, he put a catless exhaust system, i/h and the car is a lot faster than stock.
true that they are very restricted from factory. though even with i/h/e they are basically = to 6 speed gts/rsx-s at stock form.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,735 Posts
03gts6speed said:
true that they are very restricted from factory. though even with i/h/e they are basically = to 6 speed gts/rsx-s at stock form.
Yep, last week I was with him and he got beat by a stock RSX-S by almost a car.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,355 Posts
4500 to run 13's...ill pass...for 4500 i better be well into the 12's
 
21 - 40 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top