NewCelica.org Forum banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,029 Posts
ok... the Z is a full second faster.... better quality build... looks very sexy.... RWD.... LSD.... a motor thats proving to love boost....good tranny....handles on rails.... not something they are gonna be out performing anytime soon....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
silver21 said:
ok... the Z is a full second faster.... better quality build... looks very sexy.... RWD.... LSD.... a motor thats proving to love boost....good tranny....handles on rails.... not something they are gonna be out performing anytime soon....
yes faster for now. better build quality? nissan`s build quality aint that good. actually if you look at j d powers or consumers hyundai`s quality is a hell alot better than nissan. nissan is on the way down quality wise imo. the 2.7 l motor in the tibby already proven that it takes boost extremly well... it loves superchargers. they aren`t that far off from competing. i love the 350 z but its not that god of a car in which it cant be contended against.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,029 Posts
I'm sorry but I'd take the build of a Nissan over a Hyundia anyday.... I'll also take the 3.5L nissan has built.... we'll see which produces more power/longer/more efficently.... Also I don't care what JD powers or some mag. says when I've seen the lack of quality myself in personal experiences.....
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
15,564 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
I would honestly take the Tiburons looks over the Celicas. I test drove a 2005 SE 6-spd before I bought the Celica, and from experience they are built really well. The materials are high quality and they pull pretty hard. I remember being in 3rd gear and having to jack up on the brakes because of some idiot in front of me. I ended up @ like 20mph and forgot to downshift but the car still pulled nicely in third gear. I must say i would have grabbed it if the price was right but i found my celica for $12,000 and thats all i can afford right now since I am in college. A little off subject but I also test drove an 04 SRT. Way different experience than the celica and the tiburon. Power was insane but the interior made me want to puke. Plus I couldnt find one cheaper than $17,000 at the time. lol Neon powa!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,029 Posts
hahahaha.... tibby and quality don't even belong in the same sentense.... I have 2 friends with tibbys and one with a SRT4.... both tibbys have a million rattles.... the SRT4 actually isn't that bad.... has better seats and radio.... I think the tibbys are still ugly.... celi looks better, is faster, handles better and the 2zz is a superior engine.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
The Tib felt quicker than my celi though? Maybe because of the torque? The SRT feel was just instant spool 2800K whoosh put me in my seat lol still though a I think their interiors suck. Rental car status..... O and silver21 my clutch is starting to well shyt the bed which one do you recommend?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
288 Posts
my friend has an 03 Tib. and yeh that **** is stronger than my GT but i don't think it could outperform the GT-S nor the Type-S. That's also not good for a V6 engine. The quality is suck as hell. His clutch burnt out after two month of owning it (and that's Huyndai's defect, but they refused to recall the mother****er). The clutch cost so damn much to repair, and due to it's stupid design, the shops couldnt install it without replacing the flywheel. MY OPINIONS: I DON'T LIKE IT.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
silver21 said:
hahahaha.... tibby and quality don't even belong in the same sentense.... I have 2 friends with tibbys and one with a SRT4.... both tibbys have a million rattles.... the SRT4 actually isn't that bad.... has better seats and radio.... I think the tibbys are still ugly.... celi looks better, is faster, handles better and the 2zz is a superior engine.....
yea the celica is still a hell of alot better than th tiburon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
01GTS6spd said:
The Tib felt quicker than my celi though? Maybe because of the torque? The SRT feel was just instant spool 2800K whoosh put me in my seat lol still though a I think their interiors suck. Rental car status..... O and silver21 my clutch is starting to well shyt the bed which one do you recommend?
key word "torque". but by no means that they are quicker.they have a hard time getting into the high 14`s with I/H/E. where as we(celica gts) and the type s can do that in stock form.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
What mods could you do for $2400 to make you car do 12.8? My buddy has a 2002 1.8T and i asked him and he said BS. He has spent more and has only seen low fourteens, with a 13.8 for his best. This includes 5spd LSD tranny, poly mounts, eibach suspension, proxes tires, CAI, FMIC, exhaust, downpipe etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,735 Posts
You just got to research before you buy something, not just buy the first thing that you see. That way you'll save a lot of money.


btw; with a 1.8T GTI you can get to mid 14s with just a chip and exhaust.
 
61 - 76 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top