NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, I know everyone wants a 5sp, but I need to switch to an auto. I'm going to be purchasing a new car, and my wife wants mine. It's an 01 GT 5sp, and in perfect condition. The only thing is, she refuses to drive a manual (better for my marriage if I don't try to teach her anyway). I've searched, but not found anyone else who went this direction. From what I understand I need the following:

Auto transmission.
Flywheel
Auto shift linkage
ECU for an auto

I'm hoping this should easier than switching out an auto. Is there anything else I should need?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
it would be easier to just sell it and buy an auto. besides if she really "wanted" your car she would drive stick, hell my mom is the one who taught me when i was 15. my dad knows too but my mom taught me.

wow im high, sorry for the rambling

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
if you're in a relationship and one of you doesn't know how to drive manual, what do you do when you take the manual car out and the one of you who knows how to drive it gets drunk off their ass?

·
Banned
4,052 Posts
No choice but to call a taxi i would guest..:)
If my gf has a chance to drive my car she usally jumps on it ..like when im drunk
Yesterday she really wanted to drive my car so let her drive for a bit on smooth roads..i can't see her going around pot holes might end up in the ditch :laugh:

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
I'm assuming you would need a transmission cooler and a torque converter...if it doesn't come with the trans.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if you're in a relationship and one of you doesn't know how to drive manual, what do you do when you take the manual car out and the one of you who knows how to drive it gets drunk off their ass?
I don't go out and get drunk off my ass, but then maybe my definition of fun is different than yours.

·
Banned
9,353 Posts
I thought the whole idea of owning a standard was so your significant other can't drive it.

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
you would need alot more parts. the entire shifter assembly for in the car. the flex plate, torque converter, cooler, oil lines, it just wouldtn be feasible, either teach her to drive a stick or get rid of the car.

seriously if your relationship cant survive teaching her, you got bigger problems

1 - 9 of 9 Posts