NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's the sound system GURU in DCM?
I just got this HU off of E-Bay:
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/...0&c=3&g=62700&I=133DFX983&o=m&a=1&cc=01&avf=Y
...and 2 Audiobahn 10" FlameQ AW1006T subwoofers. You can see them with specs here:
http://www.audiobahninc.com/frameset.html
Now could someone with accurate knowledge of "amp/sub matching" tell me which Audiobahn amp or amps(from this site) I should get to power these subs by looking at the specs on the subs and the specs on the amps???? I'd really like to get the flame series hi-current amp for the looks to match the subs.
Trying to get this all installed before the IX show.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
i would get the FlameQ with the High Current amp. On the chart the amp is listed under A2300HCT, i would run it 1200x2 (2 ohms) OR wire it for 1 ohm an rin it at 2400x2 (but turn the amp down alil)

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Bill, I am going to ASSUME that the amps are also rated at RMS, so i would suggest either the A1500HCT or the A2200HCT. The speakers you detailed are not designed for 1 Ohm operation and would most likely be destroyed if you attempted to make them di it through improper wiring.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cbgt4me said:
Bill, I am going to ASSUME that the amps are also rated at RMS, so i would suggest either the A1500HCT or the A2200HCT. The speakers you detailed are not designed for 1 Ohm operation and would most likely be destroyed if you attempted to make them di it through improper wiring.
Yeah, but Jeremy, check out this similar thread in the "audio forum. Curt says that since I'm running 2 subs that I have to run them 1 ohm 0r 4 ohm. This is also what I've derived from some things I've read.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I have a book at the house that breaks it all out, I will double check when I get home. He is correct that if you hook the voice coils of each in parrallel and then the individual speakes in parallel you will have 1-ohm... 2 + 2 = 1...and that at 1-ohm there is less electrical resistance providing the most overall power... I am just not sure how it would be on these speakers...but like i said i will check when i get home

·
Work Done, Sexy Time.
2,835 Posts
Bill you know I'll help with installation, I have a bit of experience ;). Just let me know when and where.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey I'm making my own rear trunk system set-up. Started on it today and I think I did a pretty damned good job, if I must say so myself :D I think you'll likey! :drool:

·
It is known.
8,239 Posts
i may have to come by friday to check it out bill

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
skreemin_trdgts said:
No Scott. You have to wait for the UNVEILING on May 10th. (Risa's gonna kill me when she finds out how easy this was and real inexpensive.)
yeah, she's definitely gonna trip.....I saw the "in-progress" work, and I gotta give it :thumbup: x 1000.........u r gonna do that thing we talked about for me right Bill? :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.