NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Yes, I would definately say that is worth $20,000. I have two questions though...

1. who the hell buys a newer car and sinks $60,000 into it, only to turn around and sell it at a great loss when the $60,000 project is complete. I mean, did he finish and go, "hmm, not as cool as I thought it would be now that it's all done, I think I'll sell it on ebay and lose around $50,000". Thats just stupid, why didn't he stop before he had so much invested.

2. Why did he swap in an older 2.2 liter engine block that subaru stopped using in 1994 instead of building off of the 2.5 liter block that came with his car? Seems strange to me.

Also, did any one notice that under "vehical condition" he typed in big capital letters "NEVER raced, NEVER abused". Get real. No one on this planet does all those performance modifications and never gets on it. Just because he floors it every now and then doesn't mean it's going to break and no one will buy it, I wonder why he lied about that. He removed his cruise control, windshield washer fluid tank, air conditioning, and re-located his battery to the trunk for crying out loud, if he did all that really NEVER raced or abused his car, well, I'm sorry, but that's stupid too.

·
Registered
490 Posts
i'm pretty sure he went w/ the 2.2L block cuz it's much stronger being a closed deck design and could handle increased boost. The ej25 in the RS i think is an open deck design and isn't nearly as strong for turbo applications...

·
Buck Futter
1,934 Posts
i believe the 2.2 litre block is the same as the 22b (the car in my sig). if you do your homework, the 22b makes nearly 350hp stock (not the understated 270). much more suitable for a high hp f/I engine if i'm not mistaken. with a ratio of only 8:1, lost of room for boost. if i were him, i would've done it too.

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
yeah, the CF hood is a little too much CF (and I like CF)

cool2miketlu,
he's in Seattle though....kind of a drive, but.....hehe, yeah it would be a good deal to get as a toy car if there's 20K laying around, but it still beats me that dude claims he has spent 60K on it and is selling it on EBAY of all places and WITHOUT a reserve for 20K......:wtf:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I would buy it in a heart beat if I didn't have my Celica. The only thing I would is redo the steering and dash and etc. to make it right hand drive. Then it would be real JDM.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
If you read it....it doesn't come w/ the hood or trunk. If you want those it'll be another 3 g's on top. That car is horrible, maybe fast, but looks horrible.

-Wil

·
Registered
369 Posts
ArchangelX said:
I don't like it...60k or not. I think it's ugly.

I second that. For $60k, he could have had a Viper, a nice NSX, a Z06 and a daily driver. Instead he basically burned the money.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts