NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was gonna take my rotors off last weekend to have them turned down. I loosened the caliper and then I realized there was a fairly large nut holding the rotor on. I have no sockets that big either. Does anyone know what size it is? It also seems like it would be highly torqued too. Is there a special way to take it off? Didnt know if using a flex bar could mess something up being it is front wheel drive, any answers guys?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Once you get the caliper off the rotors will just fall off, or if they are corroded you'll need to use a rubber or brass mallet to persuade them to fall off. There is no big bolt holding them on, only the caliper and the wheel, and in most cases corrosion, hold the rotors on the car.

I think the big nut you are talking about is the nut that would need removed if you wanted to change out bearings.

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
If you look at Larry's aem big brake install on this site, he explains how to use a certain size bolt to take off your rotors. there should be 2 bolt holes on the front face of the rotors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts