NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my check engine light checked out from 2 different sources, both said it my bank 1 o2 sensor (which is in front of the cat, correct me if i'm wrong) but i also have one of those cheap ebay cai so i was wondering if maybe that was causing the cel. any feedback would be great. thanks!

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
what was the code exactly?

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
I've heard O2 sensors tend to go bad around 100K, but there's always a chance you got a faulty one. Do you know anyone who has a multimeter you can borrow? I can give you the specs so you can test out the sensor. There's a good chance the CEL is being caused by the CAI, though it rarely tends to happen with the eBay versions.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I had a problem w/ my O2 sensors too, they were "heated" or something. Car was running extremely rich. After a bunch of trial and errors in my part to fix the problem and I took it to my mechanic at Toyota. Then we both tried to figure it out and then I suggested it had to be the ECU. It was replaced under warantee (ECU warantee is 80,000 miles). Now its running w/ no problems. If you happen to not have the warantee ecu is about 800-900ish, but I think you can say that it wasn't you're fault it was theres etc. Hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts