NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey wassup guys just wondering if my 02 gts celica will pass for recon..i have cai...exhuast with cat and resonator...carbon trunk and hood...super street teins with pillow balls...my rear liscense plate lights dont work..and i will need to put on my front lisense plate..let me know im thinking of moving to oahu

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
youre front plate also needs to be 12" off the ground. You can mount it from the bottom 2 holes of the plates if you need to. It looks dumb but hey, it works. Theres also a height requirement for the fog lights, but im not sure what it is. I failed the first time so I had to take them off and go back.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
take off ur fogs. if ur cf hood has that label for off road use only, remove that. or u can just put back ur stock hood and hatch. make sure ur tint is legal.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
screw recon, if you don't live in or go to town much you don't really have to bother. I don't really hear about people getting in trouble for that outside of town.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
steak said:
screw recon, if you don't live in or go to town much you don't really have to bother. I don't really hear about people getting in trouble for that outside of town.
not to mention if the change isn't that noticeable, cops won't really bother you. unless of course you fake your safey or don't "speed safely". usually they'll catch you for speeding first, THEN look to see whatelse they can ticket you for.

like my name implies...i drive slow (95% of the time) and cops seem to appreciate that when they're holding a radar gun. ;)

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
yeah dont act like a dumbass on the road and you'll be fine. i never worry when i see a blue and white because i know im not doing anything wrong.

i do however, stay out of D6-waikiki because as far as i know mike hunt still patrols that district. i use the matrix if i know i have to go there :)
hunt will pull you over even with a recon sticker hoping to find something that doesnt match up with the paperwork. for example people who removed their fogs dont have fog lights marked off on their paperwork. hunt could find that and declare the recon permit as falsified or fraudulent. ive heard he even goes so far to rip up the permit and remove the sticker.

·
Registered
37 Posts
yes i'll have to agree. any modified car, even in the slightest... is in danger if you intend to cruise through waikiki. cops are *******s there. they'll pull you over just for driving a modified car, even if you aren't doing anything wrong. they'll pull you over and FIND something wrong.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
less of course you have a nice expensive mod car, hehe. I saw a red NSX with DVD screen flipped out and playing, drove with some chick and not a care in the world about cops (in waikiki).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts