NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Best User
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking for a obd2 scanner. i want it to be able to do everything. has to be under 300.00 preferably under 200. ill probably get it off amazon. i was wondering what you guys thought was the best one to get. ive only looked at actron ones so far, cause thats what ive used at advanced auto and is the only brand i know of. cp9185 and cp9580 look pretty good to me, but ive never baught one before so i dont realy know.

·
O_o
7,222 Posts
What do you mean by "everything"? I bought a cheap one off ebay for around $35 that will read codes, pending codes and reset them.... All I've ever needed a scanner to do.

·
The Best User
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i want to be able to see the sensor voltages and graphing and that stuff so i can pin point the problem more easily. i prefer to do all of my own work. it would also be nice if it could tell me A/F ratios because i think that is my cars current problem.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I work at advance auto now and used to work at autozone and both use acron. For the price you really can't beat the things. They're durable as hell and can do pretty much anything you want and barely ever have any sort of malfunctions or anything of that sort. Good stuff at a good price, can't beat it

·
O_o
7,222 Posts
i want to be able to see the sensor voltages and graphing and that stuff so i can pin point the problem more easily. i prefer to do all of my own work. it would also be nice if it could tell me A/F ratios because i think that is my cars current problem.
Yeah, I have a PFC for that :gap: The only reason I have the el cheapo scanner is for the one day a year I have to run a stock ECU for emissions.

·
The Best User
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
pfc would be great if my budget was 1000+ and i didnt plan on using it on multiple cars. i would like to get an actron because i have noticed that almost all of the shops ive ever been to used them. the only problem with the actron is that they seem to favor the domestic cars and do not offer abs support for any foreign cars. my car doesnt have abs, but it would be nice to test for that with future cars or other peoples cars, espesialy since i like imports better. the innova 3160b advertises that it will do abs on domestic and foreign cars so i think im going to end up getting that. its between the innova 3160b and the actron cp9580. comments from people who own or have used either would be great. thanks

·
Spanning Tree Storm
1,264 Posts
You want to check only Celica or other cars too?

·
The Best User
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ive decided against the laptop ones because the software is expensive and the software they come with doesnt cover much. also it would be nice to not need my lap top with me to scan a car. i looked at the autoxray ones and they seem like they work for less vehicles than the actron and innova. i wish i had prior experiance with more of these and the more advanced features it would make this alot less difficult. i allways have to do tons of reaserch before i buy anything $100^. i mainly dont want to get one then have it not do something i need and have to go out and throw down more cash on something else.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,663 Posts
Look at a ScanGauge II. It does codes & a whole lot more.
http://www.scangauge.com/

It even spits out the Freeze Frame data w/a code. However, it won't graph or download data to a PC.

Beats buying a code scanner that sits in the toolbox when you're done with it and is equivalently priced or better than plain code scanners that read Freeze Frame data.

·
Spanning Tree Storm
1,264 Posts
I have Techstream now (nothing like mom :) ) with Actia XS hardware.
I have bought old days the ScanXL software. They have wifi hardware devices so you can scan really remote the car, having the laptop really away. It was OK and has everything you say you need.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.