NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
wow i am overly surprised how good that does look. didnt realize it was midpipe as well

·
Registered
645 Posts
thats a nice set up, did the mid pipe come with the obx exhaust as well?

·
Ultraviolent
7,921 Posts
it looks good, but someone tested that exhaust and found that the muffler (the one that runs parallel to the suspension) flows as good as stock, so u may consider replacing that one with a similar magnaflow muffler

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
or straight pipe it and get a silencer to kill the noise

but yeah, if its as good as stock...basically bought a nice piece of bling and the Celica has enough of those mods as is

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
ditch the muffler portion (the last two pics), because it loses about 3hp. replace it with a straight pipe, or a good muffler(flowmaster, magnaflow, ect). if you really want to have fun, unbolt the damn thing, cops will love you :) im glad to see that others have bought this exhaust, hope you are as happy with it as i am

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
did the mid pipe come with the obx exhaust as well?
yes it did it was 300 including shipping on ebay.

ditch the muffler portion (the last two pics), because it loses about 3hp
dang i dint know know that thanks tho that will probably be the next thing i do and ill probably go with magnaflow.

so is that custom or did u buy it like that?
the way everything looks is how i bought it except where the mid pipe connects to the header. the flang on the mid pipe was different so i cut the stock flang off and welded it on the new mid pipe and thats why in the 1st pic the flang looks a lil rusty

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
ditch the muffler portion (the last two pics), because it loses about 3hp
3 hp? seriously now... you won't even notice the difference, and if you do, it's all in your head. 3 hp is what top fuel racers look for because they have no more performance mods to do.

I have the obx axle-back.. must have been an older version of the one you got. came on the car when i bought it so i left it on. seems to have no performance gains whatsoever.. just sounds nice, quiet but a bit louder than stock. I woulda went with the greddy or magnaflow instead.

·
Bye 2zz, hello 3sgte
1,864 Posts
i only like this because it looks like the Greddy EVO II and its pretty cheap..i would of got this if i found out about it but i got the other ebay muffler...axle-back muffler himoto tenrai and a ebay sri its cool..i might get a injen or aem sri some other time when i have more money

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
How's the drone? I'm finally getting tired of the drone of my straight exhaust.. although it does cover up the rattling.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
id rate the exhaust loudness as a 3 or 4, just a little quieter inside than the evo2. highway drone is a little less that the hitori tenrai, i know because thats what i had before this. the fast that it has two little resonators, a muffler, and then another resonator makes it rather quiet in the cab. if you straight pipe this, make no mistake it frees up between 7 and 10 hp
gts 02, might as well stick with the ebay sri, its the same as the others but without the brand name

1 - 20 of 23 Posts