NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
eh....it looks like it could work good. But its obx, so i dont trust it b/c its a cheap knockoff.

If you try it and like it, let the board know. I dont think anyone else has used it, though I am probably wrong.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Fitment:
ALL 8/85 TO 8/89, 9/89 TO 9/93, 10/93 TO 9/99 TOYOTA CELICA GT GTS 2WD M/T MODELS (Engine/Chassis: ST162,163, ST182,183, ST202,203)
AND 00-04 CELICA GT (ZZW23# / 1ZZ-FE), GTS (ZZW23#/ 2ZZ-GE)
AND 10/89 -12/91 MR2 (SW20 / 3S-GE)
AND 00-04 MRS-SPIDER (ZZW30/ 1ZZ-FE)
Why doesn't anybody elses part numbers fit this range? It would be nice if the ST and SW20 range interchanges with the ZZT-23# and ZZW-30 series.

WTF is a(n) ZZW23#? Look! it's the mid engine celica somebody wanted to build.

dB

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
Zzw = Mr2

I can tell you for a fact that won't work. The differentials of all those cars listed are not in any way interchangeable.

·
Registered
237 Posts
does anybody have a lsd, ive never driven a front wheel drive car w/ one and wonder how much difference it would b?

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Browsing around and found this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-...tegoryZ33731QQihZ016QQitemZ260005241172QQrdZ1

The picture looks pretty much exactly like my Quaife LSD that I paid much, much more for. Not particularly a fan of OBX, but if this thing works at all it's a great deal (a little over $400 shipped)

Anyway, thought I would throw this up here because I havn't seen this posted before, so...

Discuss :eatpop:

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=218112&highlight=OBX

The quality's questionable. If you Google it, many Honda folks have been happy with it and there were a few cases of it grenading and destroying the tranny.

For the money I rather go with Kaaz. They're about $750 shipped and definately better built. If Helical is your perferred choice, then get one for $600 OEM Toyota Spyder LSD. I have reservations on putting a subpar LSD in my car no matter how little it cost. Remember labor and install costs going to set you back another $800 anyways.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
nyoneway said:
http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=218112&highlight=OBX

The quality's questionable. If you Google it, many Honda folks have been happy with it and there were a few cases of it grenading and destroying the tranny.

For the money I rather go with Kaaz. They're about $750 shipped and definately better built. If Helical is your perferred choice, then get one for $600 OEM Toyota Spyder LSD. I have reservations on putting a subpar LSD in my car no matter how little it cost. Remember labor and install costs going to set you back another $800 anyways.
Yeah, I figured. I did google some revies and found a few Honda guys that liked it. Didn't dig far enough to get to the grenading reviews. I preferred Helical which is why I bought a Quaife LSD, other than that I would have bought Kaaz, which seems to have a better response but also requires more maintenance.

nyoneway said:
it's a Quaife knockoff.
I would have never thought OBX was one to knockoff products :chuckles: Do they make anything that's not?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.