NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First off, sorry for it being so long. But please read all of it. There are alot of details in this thread. No Cliff Notes.

Some of you guys know that i've been planning to have a little get together and do a BBQ/meet at the sametime. I've found a place, its not lake lure(no place to do it up there). Its in Tryon NC, 28782. Its called Harmon Field. There is a place for us to eat under shelter, so even if it ends up raining on that day we can still get together for those that make the drive. If you guys want me to go get the food/drinks/utensiles(sp) etc then I can do that, but it might cost a few bucks so I dont have to buy it all then have noone come. I'll update that info a little later when I see how much interest there is for ppl to come. It'd be no more then 10$ per. Its right along side a river. I've got the place reserved from 11-5 but I seriously doubt we'd have a problem with someone kicking us out after that. I think lunch will be around 2 or 3 pm. If we meet around 11 we can get some games together...

List of things to do there
Football (flag or touch)
Softball field for us to play softball on.
Frisbee (reg. or ultimate)
Soccer
Fishing (up the river a little bit)
Tennis courts.
There is a middle school next to the field/fields I think you can get into the area to play some basketball, i'll check on that.
Volleyball (if there is interest and I can get a net.)
There is a good area of pavement for us to install mods if you so choose.
NO TOOLS PROVIDED, BRING WHAT YOU NEED.
There are some great places for pics. A nice long area we can all park along and take a group picture. Some nice even grassy area for pics on grass. There would be a mountain range in the background.
There is also an area where I think we could park on the grass in a group pic.

:AFTER MEET PLANS:
For those of you who are going to be driving a good ways and want to spend the night, or are close enuff to drive home that night...
We could all go out as a group later that night if you guys wanted too.
We could go to Spartanburg SC (20-25mins) or Greenville SC (30-35mins)

Spartanburg : Movies/Bowling/Fun park(have to check how good it is)Mall n movie/Dessert or something together

Greenville : This is about the same as Spartanburg, a little bit bigger. But they have a Frankies Fun Park there. 2 go kart tracks/laser tag/putt putt/batting cages...etc etc

Im down for w/e that night. If noone wants to stay to do anything thats fine as well. It doesnt matter to me.

HOTEL.
There is a Days Inn in Columbus, which you will go through to get to the meet. They said if we booked 10 rooms they'd give a 10% dis. I know its not much but yeah I looked into it for you guys coming from a good drive away. 12 rooms = 12% u can figure the rest. Let me know if your planning on spending the night and i'll get the rates for the room. It has a pool too, and close to the interstate to get home.

Sunday...
I can arrange to have a few paintball games going on sunday if any of you wish to stay and play. We could play at my house, i've got the woods at our house set up to play. I can have paint/co2/anything else you'd need to play at the house from our store. Just let me know on that one...

Food List...
Im gonna have at least one grill down there for cooking...2 if needed(prolly will have 2) My gf's dad has agreed to help us out and cook for us. IF anyone else can cook and wants to help out, then let me know and you can cook as well.

If its decided for me to provide the food and all that...heres the shopping list.

Hamburgers
Hot dogs
Chips
Pickles
Mustard/mayo/ketchup
Plates/forks/knvies
Dog and burger buns
Maybe drinks too.(stil decieding if im gonna ask ppl to BYOBeverages) NO ALCHOHAL THOUGH ITS AGAINST THE RULES OF THE FIELD. PLEASE DO NOT BREAK THIS RULE, NO EXCUSES!!!
If I go get the things and stuff, i'll figure it up closer to the meet times for how much it would be. It wont be that much, and if enuff ppl show up for this, it should be hella fun.

IF you want something specific, then let me know. I'll get it and bring it. BUT YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR IT UP FRONT. Check, money order, or paypal. I dont care how. but you will pay for it if its not on the list. (not trying to be an ass, but I dont want to buy all this **** for the meet, and then half the ppl not show up.) I would like to have everyone pay their way at least 2 weeks before the meet. That way I have time to sort the $ out and make a list of who got what and who paid what.

As of right now, this is gonna happen, but if there isnt a strong interest then I dont know. I'll figure it out. From talking to members, its gonna be a good turn out.

Im doing my best to remember everything so i'll edit this post if I leave something out. Just check back and i'll keep it TTT and put in if i've made updates to it.

Directions to the meet
There is basically 2 ways you can come here...
I-26 or Hwy 74.

From Asheville Take I-26 South. Go down the Saluda Grade. First exit at the bottom of the hill. You'll see the sign "Columbus/Tryon" or something like that.(i'll get exact exit # soon). Follow the signs for Columbus. At the end of the exit there will be stop light. Turn right. From here its 3.5 miles. As you get closer to the field you will see where the road starts to go up around a corner, to the right then back to the left and you cant see past that...There will be an open field on your right. One road will be a 90 degree right hand turn, dont take that road. The road you are on will be the one on the left. The road in the middle is the one you want to take. I THINK its harmon field road, i'll check. You'll see a sign for "Saluda" you go that way. Its around the bend on your right, you CANT MISS IT once you come past the Middle School on your right. Your there.

From South Carolina on I-26...
Go into North Carolina via I-26, take the first exit. You'll pass the NC welcome center on your right, its just after that. Turn left and follow the directions above from the stop light. 3.5 miles etc. etc.

Coming from Charlotte area on Hwy. 74 west.
Take exit 161, you will come to a stop light near a bridge. Turn right...follow directions from above...3.5 miles etc.

I'll post the 2nd post and have that as the guestlist from all the sites im posting this on. Please let me know if you want to come and participate.

Thanks for reading, hope to see you guys October 23rd.

Eric

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ppl that have confirmed they are coming...(trying to keep it celicas/rsxs and those that had either one and have new cars now, ie: those of you crsx members w/ s2k's)

Clubrsx.com
anthentheresERIC

Newcelica.org
TRD GT-S

Southeastcelicas.net

Honda-acura.net

Ecelica.com

Honda-tech.com

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
I'm sure katie's going down too eric ;) Please post if you can seriously come. We need a good head count so we don't get too much or too less food etc.

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Originally posted by jway83
i may be able to come, but that's a long way away to say for sure
Man, it's not too far lol. You can meet with me here and head down if you'd like.

Originally posted by liquid
i stickied this post so everyone can see it...
Thanks :thumbup: i was just about to ask you to do that lol.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by jway83
i may be able to come, but that's a long way away to say for sure
I realize this but I wanted ppl to be able to make plans and ask off from work or w/e else they have in time so that they can come. plus it's gonna take me a good while to get all the plans set.
Originally posted by liquid
i stickied this post so everyone can see it...
Thanks dan
Originally posted by TRD GT-S
Man, it's not too far lol. You can meet with me here and head down if you'd like.

Thanks :thumbup: i was just about to ask you to do that lol.
I think he was talking about how far away it was, although that's a good point. You can caravan down with the others when it comes time for the meet. I can even give u some contacts from clubrsx.com that would be coming from the area your in

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
We've told several sites about this so everyone can come out. I'm kinda sick of seeing celicas and would love to see all these different cars. So tell all your friends.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
No, I had horrible gas this morning...i mean wow. It didn't stink at all, but it was loud and it made me feel like I was empting myself out :D
Beer farts are soo sweet :)
kinda like burger farts.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
please dont let this get off topic zach. post in nc.ot that's why its there.

there will be rsx's celicas s2k's and maybe a 240 or 2.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I'll have to wait until we're closer to the actual date before I can say yes or no, but I'm interested in attending. It's about a 3 hour drive from Columbus, GA. Seems like it will be fun though. Also, I'm a single man so if anyone wants to invite ladies, please do. Not saying that I'll be able to hook up with any of them, but they can at least humor me and smile when they look in my general direction.:gap:

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Originally posted by SNIPACE
I'll have to wait until we're closer to the actual date before I can say yes or no, but I'm interested in attending. It's about a 3 hour drive from Columbus, GA. Seems like it will be fun though. Also, I'm a single man so if anyone wants to invite ladies, please do. Not saying that I'll be able to hook up with any of them, but they can at least humor me and smile when they look in my general direction.:gap:
:chuckles: i'll bring some girls..but they won't be single :gap:

add amber to the list eric..or i'll just log under you and do it myself :gap:

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by SNIPACE
i will have some girls attending, friends of my gf's and what not. i'll do my best to get some single ones for ya :) hope you can come though, it'll be fun.
Originally posted by TRD GT-S
:chuckles: i'll bring some girls..but they won't be single :gap:

add amber to the list eric..or i'll just log under you and do it myself :gap:
whothef is amber?

Originally posted by ManWithThePlan
I'll try to go.
what part of nc are you from?

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Originally posted by ICU2COP
i will have some girls attending, friends of my gf's and what not. i'll do my best to get some single ones for ya :) hope you can come though, it'll be fun.

whothef is amber?

what part of nc are you from?
amber is some girl that browses this forum and imed me lol

he's from asheboro

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Here is a updated list. Sorry eric, i forgot your password to log under you lol.

Clubrsx.com
anthentheresERIC
DJ - rsx-s
RJ - rsx-s
Jeremy - s2k
slvrblet - s2k
salem - wrx
joea333 -
quickness - rsx
yellowdragon - s2k
jmp9982 -

Newcelica.org