NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, went to the local sound shop in my area and talked to the guy there and told him what I was willing to do this summer as far as a sound setup goes (I am looking to put $3-4k U.S. into a setup that I can use at shows that will look really hot, including some fiberglass work) and he said that I would be able to get a really nice system even though I will be spending a lot on the fiberglassing and such. But the catch is that the speakers he is saying would be the most bang for my buck are the new Octane R line from Phoenix Gold.

Personally, I haven't heard them yet, since they weren't at the store yet and the website for Phoenix Gold has no information on them thus far, so all I have so far is the pamphlet and it gives all the specs on the speakers, but I have no idea what means what when it comes to this stuff. Nonetheless, I saw some demo stuff that is supposed to look like the line and it looks hot, I am just wondering if the clarity and power is there. It costs less than most of the Phoenix Gold stuff, so I am just worried about quality.

Anyways, back to the question at hand, is this stuff good or not? Does anyone have any information on them, or even heard them in person?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Umm, long shot on this but probably not. I'm not even aware of any good speakers from the Phoenix Gold line. They have nice processors and amps, but that's basically it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I would say don't do it. There are plenty of other options out there that you could use. What kind of pricing did he give you on those? The other thing is, if you decide to go with those and they are not out yet, you will probably wait a long time. Most of the time when something new in car audio is coming out, it's late. You might be in for a long wait.

Curt

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Phoenix gold does have some nice sounding components if you get the Titanium Elite line and don't forget the older X-Max subs!!! I think I saw the Octane R line on Phoenix Golds website, but it wasn't out yet. Just to let you know, Phoenix Gold's customer service sucks!!!! If you amp dies, expect to wait atleast 3-4 months before they return it.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RATIFIED said:
Phoenix gold does have some nice sounding components if you get the Titanium Elite line and don't forget the older X-Max subs!!! I think I saw the Octane R line on Phoenix Golds website, but it wasn't out yet. Just to let you know, Phoenix Gold's customer service sucks!!!! If you amp dies, expect to wait atleast 3-4 months before they return it.
Well, I am dealing through this shop and they said that if something breaks, I bring it in and they replace it right on the spot. I would post the specs of the speakers as shown in the brochure, but I don't know which kind I should post. (COAX or COMP? And what number? 4.0-6.5 are the measurements) If someone gives me that information, I can post the specs.

·
Registered
933 Posts
My suggestion would be to cut down the budget on the visual stuff and increase it on the quality of the equipment. I guess if all yer trying to do with it is get points at shows then its fine.. but, personally, I would feel silly paying 5k for a system+install that didn't sound short of amazing :)

..and this is coming from someone who does have a fiberglass enclosure by the way.. I just didn't nearly pay that much for the aesthetic portion. Mine isn't all flashy and stuff.. you can't even see the fiberglass.. its carpeted but still gets the oooo's and ahhhh's ;)

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well that's the thing, this guy is assuring me that this stuff will offer me great sound and still get me points at shows. I told him that I listen to a lot of rap and that I want something with a lot of bass, good mids and highs, and a lot of clarity and he swears that this stuff will give me that, but at a cheaper price than the competition. He says this stuff is going to look as good as it performs basically.

And I don't know if I mentioned this, but I am not spending as much as some on the fiberglass since he said that the shop could use some tricks using wood and panels with some fiberglassing to make it look like I have done a lot more fiberglassing than I actually have which in turn would allow me to get better equipment. I guess I will just have to wait until I go to the shop in a couple weeks to listen to the stuff in person. Just wondering if you guys can help me out though, what should I do to get an idea if this stuff is quality or not?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.