NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ther will be a meet on october 2nd at the Berline turnpike in Ct. If anyone is interested, let me know!

·
Registered
377 Posts
WOW!!!!
I hope I wont have to work on 2nd OCT.

Ps. whats wrong with you people ??? this tread is 2 days old and no responces!!!!!!!!!!
shame on you. Come one, let her know if ya planning to come.
my .2

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
i'll be there if i somehow fix my turbo......no time....u guys should have a meet at my house and help me fix my turbo, then go to the pike! LoL

·
Registered
759 Posts
Hell, im not sure where the berlin tpk is in conn. :) I know hartford, I would be coming from mass/ri. Meet???? What's going on? Looking for bars/clubs/and what not. :naughty: :headbang:

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
JCelica132 said:
i'll be there if i somehow fix my turbo......no time....u guys should have a meet at my house and help me fix my turbo, then go to the pike! LoL
this sounds good.... i wanna see his car :D...... i wouldnt be much of any help though unless u wanted a drink of water, lol.

Sounds like a good idea... but what would be going on for this lil event?........... please keep it under 18 attendable ;)

-greg

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
silverCELICAgt-s said:
this sounds good.... i wanna see his car :D...... i wouldnt be much of any help though unless u wanted a drink of water, lol.

Sounds like a good idea... but what would be going on for this lil event?........... please keep it under 18 attendable ;)

-greg

LoL, if u really want to stop by my house it's on the way from RI/MA to the pike. I live like 15 mins off the pike. I brought my car to a shop this past week and they brought me in the next day and told me what i need to do, they didn't want to do it for me because it's pretty simple and they would feel bad charging me. I just have no time anymore ( or motivation ) to do it. What it would take to get my car ready for the pike that night is....... undo the header part of the turbo manifold, put sealant ( or make a gasket ) for it on it. Then put it back on and tighten the 4 nuts/bolts. That's the hardest part. The easy part is i have to take the oil pan off again because it is leakin from the back. I have to clean off the surfaces and then re apply sealant around it and put it back. Then finally i have to reapply sealant around the oil drainage bung on the turbo because it leaks a bit out of there. after that, i can drive it......that's if my wastegate isn't broken. I can still drive it, but with no boost =(. I'm gonna check the wastegate this week hopefully. I'll prob be able to get the oil sh*t done this week too, so maybe if u want to come over to help with the manifold..... ( the tinier the hands the better since it's in tight spots ).

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
ya i wanna learn so ya ill check the date and see if i can come. I already had to miss out helpin my friend install his new headers and flowmaster exhaust on his 65' mustang cause I had work when he was installin it. Got anything in ur garage to install on my car ;). Should be fun, workin on ur car and learnin about my car from u and then goin to the meet.

-greg

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
Ok, if i go, ill be draggin alex along as well, but he doesnt get outta work till 3. So when is this goin on time wise for us to be driving up at. Also if it is later in the day, what we could do maybe is ill go to jcelicas house to give him a hand in the morning and meet everybody at 3 or whatever and alex will just drive up on his own at 3.

-greg

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tom and i planned that everyone can meet at his shop @ around 5,so...maybe you'll get some help that day jcelica!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
That's no problem, tom's shop is like 10-15 mins from my house too. It's right outside my town.

LoL, silver, i have a Hotshot header and Injen RD CAI in my garage to put on your car, but then we'd have to take it off and install your stock sh*t on caz that stuffs not going for free, LoL

Also, meeting at 5 may be a lil early. The pike doesn't get that good until around 9:30 or so, and it's been getting better later and later usually. Afterwards ( for the youngins ) we can go to the street races in Hartford. I haven't been there this yr, but I know where they are, and I heard they have been really good this summer.

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
JCelica132 said:
That's no problem, tom's shop is like 10-15 mins from my house too. It's right outside my town.

LoL, silver, i have a Hotshot header and Injen RD CAI in my garage to put on your car, but then we'd have to take it off and install your stock sh*t on caz that stuffs not going for free, LoL
CAI sounds pretty good... maybe during the winter time i'll buy it from you if i have some cash, i should be getting the cash for my rear bumper fix this week. What does the RD stand for? is it polished silver?

Dinner sounds like a good idea, the longer the meet the better!

Jcelica - dont u need to work on ur car though so u can go out? Like if i can go do u want alex and I to come in at like 4?

-greg

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
i wouldn't install the injen in an auto.

RD = racing division.
1) catchy name
2) signify dry conditions
3) assume desire to remain @ high revs

that's my take.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
silverCELICAgt-s said:
CAI sounds pretty good... maybe during the winter time i'll buy it from you if i have some cash, i should be getting the cash for my rear bumper fix this week. What does the RD stand for? is it polished silver?

Dinner sounds like a good idea, the longer the meet the better!

Jcelica - dont u need to work on ur car though so u can go out? Like if i can go do u want alex and I to come in at like 4?

-greg

yea, you can come whenever and yes i need to work on the car to take it out. i have no motivation at the moment though. If i really wanted to go to the pike that night with u, i have a silver stock auto celica at my house i could drive, but that's not fun to me. I should prob start workin on the car tonight huh.....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yea you guys should help him,so we can see him there.Im going up early just to look around, so maybe i'll get lost in the area at some point and find you all working hard!:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts