NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I just got a brand new transmission put in my 00 GTS last Monday due to my 6th gear blowing out. When they put in the new one I also had them install a TRD clutch and lightweight flywheel. When i got the car back I was having major problems just getting it into gear, it was constantly getting stuck. I went back and they adjusted the clutch and it worked better but it's still very notchy rough going into gear. I had this notchiness with my old transmission as well, it basically feels just like my old one but I can tell it's the new one because of the placement of 3rd gear and the wider gates. Now, when they put in the new tranny they didn't replace the shift cables, shift housing or the stick itself. Could these older parts be giving me problems with the new tranny?

·
Registered
990 Posts
They didnt change the shifter cable or the shifter housing? ... they changed mine out .... the 02 shifter is not the same and the 02 shifter cable has one cable just about an inch shorter to go with the new shifter they install.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
WillyK said:
Ok, I just got a brand new transmission put in my 00 GTS last Monday due to my 6th gear blowing out. When they put in the new one I also had them install a TRD clutch and lightweight flywheel. When i got the car back I was having major problems just getting it into gear, it was constantly getting stuck. I went back and they adjusted the clutch and it worked better but it's still very notchy rough going into gear. I had this notchiness with my old transmission as well, it basically feels just like my old one but I can tell it's the new one because of the placement of 3rd gear and the wider gates. Now, when they put in the new tranny they didn't replace the shift cables, shift housing or the stick itself. Could these older parts be giving me problems with the new tranny?
Tell them to refer to TSB TC002-01. It VERY clearly shows that the cables and shifter were changed as well as the transmission. They both need to be replaced. The dealer doesn't want to do them because the cables are a pain in the ass, but it needs to be done. If they refure call the customer assistance number or try another dealer but either way get it done. Reverse is probably damn near impossible to get into isn't it?

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The problem has been taken care of. The new transmission they put in is one like my older one, not the newer one with the wider gates. They adjusted my clutch going from the directions TRD gave and lubed the shift linkage and now it shifts like butter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts