NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just purchased some JDM OEM HID's and I just wanted to clarify whether I've got the wiring correct or not, so I can prep everything before they ship to me.

I am looking at making a harness similar to the above (picture from: Link 1 & Link 2) so I don't have to cut my factory wiring but I've found limited information about making a harness and what each wire does (saw the 2005 Toyota diagram but was a bit confused and Pokgai's diagram had the levellers which I will probably leave out).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwfY-QaLUMg
Based on Klint's video above, would I be right to assume that the red is the positive, and the other is negative/ground? I.e:

High Beam:
Positive: Red/Yellow
Negative: White/Green

Low Beam:
Positive: Red/White
Negative: Black/White

If that's the case, would I just need to buy something with H1 and H7 plugs on the end? I was thinking of getting these (Link) and making the same assumption that red = positive and black = negative and matching them up to high/low by cutting the AMP connector off and soldering them to the OEM HID plug wires (Vikom are the Australian distributor for TRS - TheRetrofitSource so I assume the wiring would be better than risking generic eBay stuff).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, looks like I'll have to wait for them to arrive to check whether my wiring assumptions match that picture shown in the article:

Was also considering going without the relays shown in that guide, I haven't had any flickering with my current HID's (just a kit though), and they're also 35W.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts