NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FS: Oem Style Carbon Fiber Hood

*******SALE PENDING*******

**EDIT** i'm going to keep this sale open over the weekend or until a local buyer is found (i hate shipping, plus it costs too much and i'm already taking a hit on it). thanks for your interest guys!

here's the story:

i got a hood and scoop from the carbon fiber one group buy a little while back. the day after i got it my buddy pushed into it with his car (was leaning against a wall in the garage) and cracked the fiberglass skeleton on the underside. he bought me a replacement hood (the scoop wasn't on it yet) and i took that one back to jakob at carbon fiber one to get fixed. it's now back in perfect condition but i have the replacement one on my car, so i have this one extra. i'm looking to sell it for 250 SHIPPED obo.

any takers? this thing looks badass, fitment is great, and the weave is nearly FLAWLESS. here's the thread that has pix

oem style carbon fiber hood (WITHOUT SCOOP)

please contact me via pm

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by cool2miketlu
Got a scoop? Is it OEM scoop or raised scoop? Got pics of it with the scoop? How is the latch should we be worried and get a hoodpin?
i only bought one scoop (it's raised, styled like the c-one or mbautosports one), and that one's on my car with the replacement hood. i got both from jakob in that group buy that i linked to above. you can see some pretty good pics in that thread, both from jacob and from people who have purchased from him. the latch is really strong. i don't have hood pins and i've had my car up to 115 mph with it on (trip to vegas), i could see slight flexing at the back of the hood around the scoop when the wind would gust, but nothing substantial. i've checked and double checked it since that trip and it's still in perfect condition. no stress cracks or anything. i'll probably put pins in eventually, but i don't feel rushed to, pretty confident with the build quality. it sits very flush in the front too, so there's really no upward wind force against the latch in the front.

·
Registered
4 Posts
u got PM

ill come by and pick it up in cash in a couple of days so let me know if ur still interested in selling it if u are Pm me bac asap so i can get it from u or ill jsut go sumwhere else to get it

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
all pms answered. thanks for the interest guys! remember, i want to sell this locally, first come, first serve!

-zak

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by jdm-style
wanna trade my hood +pins for your hood? lol i wanna black hood now haha
haha! :nono: why man, that pearl looks sweet with the gunmetal, plus you don't see any c/f hoods like that, although the contrast with a black hood looks good too. the grass is always greener i guess!

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Originally posted by deviant
haha! :nono: why man, that pearl looks sweet with the gunmetal, plus you don't see any c/f hoods like that, although the contrast with a black hood looks good too. the grass is always greener i guess!
well how much do u want for it picked up?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts